Lack of Voice Chat, Killing 3DS Online Gaming

#21BlueBombei2Posted 4/10/2013 12:14:18 AM
Vyers posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
LOL No one talks strategy in CoD! What do you need to talk about? Maybe where people are camping, but that's about it. A run in gun shooter doesn't need strategy and if you're talking about it you're doing it wrong.

"Sniper in the window"

"They're trying to flank us"

"Supplies here"

etc.

You watch a video of CoD online, and you'll find plenty of "mother****in' chocolate milk" stories. Yet you will find just as many examples of people conveying information to each other.

I can say right now that anyone arguing against voice chat is wrong to do so, and it's clear why. It's just the natural defense of Nintendo whenever they do a poor job with an online system or feature.

You can get flanked in CoD? O.o Sniper in the window is useless because once you get sniped once the kill cam shows where they are and the fast paced gameplay generally has it so you can get there before he takes out another (or more than 2) of your team. The best games of CoD aren't strategic battles, but rather matches of run and gun. I play all day without headset on and go 28-8 or somewhere along those lines. I can't stand having a mic on in CoD because of all the kids that play that game. It's horrible to hear some 12 year old talking about ****ing someone in the ass and telling a grown man to take it.
#22VyersPosted 4/10/2013 12:19:11 AM
Again, no matter how much griefing and trolling is brought up, there is more than enough evidence of voice chat's worth. I'm convinced that a good majority of the people who don't want it don't want it because Nintendo doesn't have it down pat yet. Just like online in general.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#23BlueBombei2Posted 4/10/2013 12:26:01 AM
I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't need it, because it sure would be nice. I'm just saying CoD doesn't need it.
#24VyersPosted 4/10/2013 12:27:40 AM
What about zombies?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#25BuretsuPosted 4/10/2013 12:28:25 AM
Vyers posted...
What about zombies?

Nobody needs zombies.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#26BlueBombei2Posted 4/10/2013 12:29:01 AM
Vyers posted...
What about zombies?

Don't do Zombies. Old Skool
#27De_Blob_XPosted 4/10/2013 1:05:58 AM(edited)
Every online game is full of kids,you cant stop it,just go away from them.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PSP | PS3 | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439
#28hello_indigoPosted 4/10/2013 1:09:36 AM
Rurouni720 posted...
I'm sure XB(ot)Live voice chat must be a quality experience online when playing with kinder gardeners on CoD, eh?

kindergarteners**

It's okay, I used to feel the same way about this word.
#29ferofaxPosted 4/10/2013 1:29:37 AM
Did it ever occur to anyone that it's entirely up to devs if they want voice chat in the game, and not necessarily Nintendo as a catch-all phrase? Because the infrastructure is there, or I am a terrible liar and Heroes of Ruins does not exist with drop-in-drop-out online voice chat multiplayer.

Granted, LM2 is made by Nintendo, but one of the main reasons why Nintendo isn't too keen on voice chat is because they are painfully aware of how bad it is out there for games with voice chat. Remember, they're trying to maintain a wholesome image, and they can't have that if half of the Western hemisphere is cursing in their voice chat games. Because you and I both know more than half does just that.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#30sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/10/2013 6:36:41 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't need it, because it sure would be nice. I'm just saying CoD doesn't need it.

I'm saying Nintendo doesn't need it. Unless there is an IQ test to enable the feature, it should never be included.
---
Posted using GameFlux