Why does the 3DS *still* lack dedicated Facebook and Twitter apps?

#101jovewolfPosted 4/10/2013 6:25:59 PM
Hmm.. the effects of social media on society? I know a game that deals with that:

http://scoutshonour.com/donttakeitpersonallybabeitjustaintyourstory/

It's short, but free. Kind of interesting.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#102TaplampPosted 4/10/2013 6:28:44 PM
Shadowstar108 posted...
Taplamp posted...
You may miss this past relationship but it's true. Facebook doesn't do a good job at helping people move on. Leaving Facebook may not help you get over the past relationship but it will be a step in the right direction for you because you won't be plagued with reminders and whatnot.

Also, when you get a new relationship, it won't help that they'll be able to look at your Facebook and see all these remnants of a past relationship because they'll hold it against you. And the new relationship won't last long.

Yvers preaches of change being a good thing and that we shouldn't fear it because it's different. He's right. Let change happen. Don't let Facebook slow that process down with bad memories.

And good luck with all that, friend.

Just deleted it a few minutes ago. My parents will probably mention something when they get back in a few days, but I'm okay with it. The world ends with you... but it also begins with you. Time for a new beginning. And thank you, tomodachi. :D

And that's exactly what it is! New beginnings!

Can't wait to get my 3DS tomorrow so I can actually start talking about the 3DS in these forums. LOL
#103iMURDAuPosted 4/10/2013 7:02:07 PM
Sorry but did someone tell me to QFT then go on about how he deleted his facebook profile because it was making him sad?
---
Why Fire Emblem: Awakening is just wrong - http://i6.minus.com/isAPJZatCvECp.jpg
#104Shadowstar108Posted 4/10/2013 7:04:58 PM
iMURDAu posted...
Sorry but did someone tell me to QFT then go on about how he deleted his facebook profile because it was making him sad?

Yep. I thought QFT meant Quote For Truth...
---
"Think we should tell them about the hexes, or sell it as is?"
#105TheWiseliestOnePosted 4/10/2013 7:49:25 PM
Why does it need a Facebook or Twitter app? No one buys a 3DS for internet browsing, we have smart phones and computers for that.
---
3DS Friendcode: 0087-3629-7518
#106levelmaster2Posted 4/10/2013 8:05:21 PM
Why does it need a Facebook or Twitter app? No one buys a 3DS for internet browsing, we have smart phones and computers for that.

Agreed except for the smart phone part. Mainly due to getting annoyed at people spend so much time on them just doing facebook.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#107iMURDAuPosted 4/10/2013 8:25:26 PM
Generation gap. For me QFT means quit f'n talking. And FTW means F the world.
---
Why Fire Emblem: Awakening is just wrong - http://i6.minus.com/isAPJZatCvECp.jpg
#108VyersPosted 4/10/2013 10:40:20 PM
Again, Twitter was one of the primary methods by which people were able to communicate immediately to the outside world that they were under an oppressive regime. It was instrumental in removing a leader who has been accused of violating human rights.

You seriously think the con of "people use their phone while they talk to me" cancels out one of the primary methods a human rights movement had available?

Facebook also allows for people to retain significant relationships that they've had, both platonic and non-.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#109RPGNinja123Posted 4/10/2013 10:50:52 PM
iMURDAu posted...
Generation gap. For me QFT means quit f'n talking. And FTW means F the world.

Im probably older than you and I never seen those abbreviations used for that
---
Favorite Series = Fire Emblem //// Favorite Game = Dark Souls
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#110TaplampPosted 4/10/2013 11:05:36 PM
Vyers posted...
Again, Twitter was one of the primary methods by which people were able to communicate immediately to the outside world that they were under an oppressive regime. It was instrumental in removing a leader who has been accused of violating human rights.

You seriously think the con of "people use their phone while they talk to me" cancels out one of the primary methods a human rights movement had available?

Facebook also allows for people to retain significant relationships that they've had, both platonic and non-.

Like the world didn't know about Muammar Ghadafi's oppressive regime before Twitter.

Just because Twitter was the fastest means of the regular public hearing that "Muammar Ghadafi's committing genocide again!" doesn't mean Twitter should get all the credit. All governments have eyes on each other. We're not blind to what's happening in other countries just because they don't have twitter. Go ahead and believe what Twitter tells people it's good for, that's called publicity.

And also, your quote about Facebook allowing people to retain significant relationships that they've had, both platonic and non REALLY makes me question how many years of your life you've lived. You can't be old enough to understand the fact that almost all friends come and go. It's apart of growing up. Believe me you don't want to retain every relationship you've made since you first logged into Facebook.

And lie about your age all you want, everything you say now is moot to me.