The Resident Evil Revelations case put cracks in my 3DS.

#1KittenLinaPosted 4/10/2013 9:31:10 AM
I can't take pictures because my phone camera won't load, but I got the Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS when it came out.

I had the Kingdom Hearts one on for a bit and that was fine but I sold it with my other one.

Today I took my Resident Evil one off to check the serial code and I noticed scratch marks across the back of it.

I had it on the whole time until now, the front is fine, it's just the back.

Is there any way I can get this repaired for free, ask for a refund, or something similar? This is a limited edition 3DS that I wanted to preserve with a case that I got for buying a game, I'm pretty mad.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#2sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/10/2013 11:33:09 PM
Was is the European 3DS XL or the North American 3DS? On what section of the case is this damage? If it's on the battery cover, I wonder if just maybe you might be able to procure a replacement (though, I have my doubts given the limited nature of the release.)

I avoid using any kind of hard plastic cases (with a couple of rare exceptions, particularly if they are lined with felt) because they always seem to cause some kind of damage; plastic on plastic is no good.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#3Dr4G0nZPosted 4/10/2013 11:58:30 PM
I'm not sure if it's covered by warranty, but you might get a clearer view of the situation if you call up Nintendo or Capcom. I don't know if Nintendo will repair the case for free, though. Seems unlikely, but you don't really know until you try, right?
#4Lylat_CruiserPosted 4/11/2013 12:29:12 AM
Please tell me how your scenario turns out. I too have the limited edition Fire Emblem 3DS and it is still in mint condition, however, my CTA crystal case scratched the corner of my 3ds near the power button! Have no ****ing idea on how that happened since I take good care of my stuff (3ds inside crystal case inside executive case) Never went crazy playing fire emblem (yeah no way in hell i'm going to play lunatic and risk having my stress getting the better of me wanting to smash the closest object in my sight)
---
The only thing that stops a bad guy with an axe is a good guy with a sword!
#5sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/11/2013 1:36:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/11/2013 1:37:20 AM
I recommend a protective skin to preserve the finish.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#7KittenLina(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 11:32:22 AM
sixdeadpixels posted...
Was is the European 3DS XL or the North American 3DS? On what section of the case is this damage? If it's on the battery cover (...)

I'm using the NA 3DS version.
It's all around on the back, which is annoying me greatly.

sixdeadpixels posted...
(...)they always seem to cause some kind of damage; plastic on plastic is no good.
Shame they didn't give a warning... My Kingdom Hearts case worked fine, so I figured this one would.

Dr4G0nZ posted...
I'm not sure if it's covered by warranty, but you might get a clearer view of the situation if you call up Nintendo or Capcom. I don't know if Nintendo will repair the case for free, though. Seems unlikely, but you don't really know until you try, right?

Mm yeah I'll call Nintendo in a bit, I'm just worried that they'll reset all my data or something...
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#8sixdeadpixelsPosted 4/12/2013 11:55:23 AM
KittenLina posted...

I never had any damage of the significance you have described. Mostly scratches from those types of cases.
---
Posted using GameFlux