Just ordered the 3ds xl and Luigi's mansion

#1wiisixtyPosted 4/10/2013 3:16:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken after I register the system and the game I can choose a game for free. I plan on getting Super Mario 3D land. I havn't been paying much attention to the 3ds though so what are some other games I should look to purchase in the future? I own like 4 different versions of OoT so I think that's not an option for a the moment. Soooooo What else is out there?
---
Listen to classic rock.
#2SoulAssassin226Posted 4/10/2013 3:23:58 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil Revelations (Unless you'd rather get the console version)
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros 2
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Zelda OOT (putting this in anyway because it's the best version of this classic game IMO)

Future games:
Pokemon XY
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Donkey Kong Country Returns
#3LyonDRCPosted 4/10/2013 3:26:28 PM
SoulAssassin226 posted...
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil Revelations (Unless you'd rather get the console version)
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros 2
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Zelda OOT (putting this in anyway because it's the best version of this classic game IMO)

Future games:
Pokemon XY
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Donkey Kong Country Returns

This except for Kid Icarus and New Super Mario Bros 2.
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#4ShadowOfTheKmanPosted 4/10/2013 3:27:16 PM
Don't get Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus. I'm not being a jerk, those two games are legitimately overrated and it's a fact. I have Kid Icarus but I just don't ever feel like I have to go and play it. And I hated the Fire Emblem demo. Soooooo.... #YOLO
---
PSN and Steam ID: Kman2097
"What you're seeing is a genius at work"
#5wiisixty(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:30:51 PM
True I forgot about Mario kart! That's always a must have and I'm sure I'll end up getting Pokemon. As far as OoT goes I know the graphics are better, but What version of the game am I playing? I already own The collectors gold cart and the regular grey cart on N64, I own the Gamecube version on the disc that has Zelda,1,2,oot,and mm. And I own the Master quest version on gamecube as well. I may be interested in purchasing it as just a collectors item.
---
Listen to classic rock.
#6wiisixty(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:32:02 PM
I've never played a fire emblem game but from what i've seen it plays like final fantasy tactics right? If that's the case I'm not into it.
---
Listen to classic rock.
#7THE gamefreak 212Posted 4/10/2013 3:39:04 PM
those two games are legitimately overrated and it's a fact.

Considering that ratings come from opinions, it's literally not possible for something to be factually overrated.

And I love Kid Icarus, but I'll admit that it can be awkward. If you can get over the awkwardness of the controls, it's an excellent game. Some people can't, and I understand that.
---
"The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven And Hell!" Black Sabbath- Heaven And Hell
#8SoulAssassin226Posted 4/10/2013 3:45:05 PM
True I forgot about Mario kart! That's always a must have and I'm sure I'll end up getting Pokemon. As far as OoT goes I know the graphics are better, but What version of the game am I playing? I already own The collectors gold cart and the regular grey cart on N64, I own the Gamecube version on the disc that has Zelda,1,2,oot,and mm. And I own the Master quest version on gamecube as well. I may be interested in purchasing it as just a collectors item.

Apart from the updated graphics, the touchscreen menu makes switching your weapons and boots so much smoother and simpler. The cartridge does also include Master's Quest. I definitely understand if someone doesn't feel the need to pick up the game again but it's definitely worth it in my opinion if you can find it at a decent price, especially since N64 graphics haven't aged all that well.
#9ptreemf12Posted 4/10/2013 3:55:49 PM
wiisixty posted...
I've never played a fire emblem game but from what i've seen it plays like final fantasy tactics right? If that's the case I'm not into it.

It's nothing like Final Fantasy tactics. Not to be rude... but why does everyone seem to think this >_>

Yes it's a tactical strategy game, but it doesn't have much in common with FFT. Not saying that you will like it, I just dislike the comparison.
---
Every dang time...
#10wiisixty(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 4:15:27 PM
Well I like RTS games like Age of Empires. I thought those games were awesome. Like I said I have never played a Fire Emblem game which is why I am asking. From what I can tell from what I've seen it looks like the last Final Fantasy Tactics game I played where you have a battle field that lets you move certain characters certain amounts of spaces (kind of like chess) and you have to wait for the computer to move the enemy until they meet and attack.
---
Listen to classic rock.