Shovel Knight... over $200,000.

#41Marcster1994Posted 4/11/2013 3:27:46 AM
AceMos posted...
why do ppl sudenly think charity is a scam?

A lot of the stuff in Kickstarter has not even been in development yet.

It took a year for that Anita person to make one video, which looked exactly like her other videos.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EnglishLanguage/
#42pikachupwnagePosted 4/11/2013 5:08:35 AM
I hope the 3DS version gets a box version.

Sell it for 20$ on amazon and you have me.
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board!
#43monkeypahngPosted 4/11/2013 5:36:38 AM
Makeveli_lives posted...
The fact that people are willing to fund for a game that can actually be good makes me have some faith in humanity.

The fact that all the money kickstarter has garnered for various products thus far dwarfs donations to charity makes me lose faith in humanity.

Not when you know where that money is going to (Not referring to the place the charity is stating it's going to).
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#44jovewolfPosted 4/11/2013 5:53:17 AM
lambchips posted...
Im waiting for it to go over 225k before i pledge my 70 dollars (10 for shipping)
I want a boxed game

Yeah no - as confusing as the wording is, the game itself is still digital, you just get a physical box (as in, the cardboard box it comes in) and not a physical copy of the game.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#45SakurafanboyPosted 4/11/2013 5:56:20 AM
I'm very interested in the box version. May have to see if I can donate $50. Been keep track of this game. Seems pretty darn neat. Hope they can reach the $300,000 so they can add in everything they want to.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#46Wynters387Posted 4/11/2013 6:05:58 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Because it is. Yeah, some money actually ends up there. But if a donate 10 euros I would expect at least 9 of them to get there, but in reality it's vice versa.

There is a comprehensive list of charities to chose from where no profit actually is made.

Like it's better to donate to the Salvation Army than it is the Red Cross.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF/Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board/Official Godot of the GS/AA5 board(s)
#47Tzuba12Posted 4/11/2013 6:14:32 AM(edited)
I'm not seeing the big deal either.... I may get it when it comes out, but it just looks like a dated platformer to me.

Not trying to upset anyone. Just wondering why its being so hyped.

Edit: Can someone please tell these guys that the 3DS has local co-op? They seem to not know...
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#48jovewolfPosted 4/11/2013 7:14:26 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
I'm not seeing the big deal either.... I may get it when it comes out, but it just looks like a dated platformer to me.

Edit: Can someone please tell these guys that the 3DS has local co-op? They seem to not know...

Except it doesn't really?

They're talking about playing the game on a single machine with a single game, only with multiple controllers. Input devices are different from wi-fi.

3DS "local" co-op still utilizes wi-fi (just in ad-hoc mode) and therefore needs some netcode to communicate with another machine and game (whether it be the actual retail game or a "single-cart" download.)

Since setting up multiplayer netcode of any sort doesn't really seem to be on the menu for them, this would require putting additional resources into only the 3DS version of the game.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#49Bahamut_10thPosted 4/11/2013 7:45:02 AM
Tzuba12 posted...

Because it's an indie game. Indie game = Divine creation that must be backed at all costs and instantly better than anything mainstream or AAA no matter how much they literally rip-off from games. (Specially if it's from Atari/NES/Master System games)
#50keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 7:59:34 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Tzuba12 posted...

Because it's an indie game. Indie game = Divine creation that must be backed at all costs and instantly better than anything mainstream or AAA no matter how much they literally rip-off from games. (Specially if it's from Atari/NES/Master System games)

Yep. That's why we're all throwing our money at it; simply because it's not mainstream. And throwback always=ripoff, no exceptions.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai