Why haven't we gotten 3D Classics Super Mario Bros.

#11Pork_buttonmashPosted 4/10/2013 6:42:52 PM
Nintendo realized Mario is a dead end street.
#12MATADOR480Posted 4/10/2013 6:59:11 PM
warlord3 posted...
MATADOR480 posted...
warlord3 posted...
MATADOR480 posted...
Nintendo is stupid. Their whole VC has so much potential but they squander it with stupid a$$ s***.

You don't get to be the most powerful game company in the world by not knowing what you are doing. Keep in mind that just because you don't know what Nintendo is doing doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing.

I'm pretty sure not even Nintendo knows what they are doing. I love my Nintendo gaming systems and games but their handling (mishandling) of their VC is terrible. Just because people choose to buy games for their 3DS VC that they already bought for their Wii VC doesn't make it right for Ninty to charge twice. Also why in the f*** have they not linked the two? I'm pretty sure the 3DS can handle SNES games. Maybe not N64 games but cmon. And for people to defend this is ludicrous.

You just explained to me that they know what they are doing. You call it "mishandling" but it's actually a smart business decision. You then say you don't understand why they haven't linked the two, yes you do, because people have volunteered to pay twice, you just pointed that out in the same post. There is a difference between defending a companies actions (which I agree is pointless since it doesn't accomplish anything), and understanding why they are doing something.

I do agree that it's the consumers fault. That doesn't justify their greediness. I believe you make a good point, but that does not make it right. I choose to not pay twice. Any game I have on my Wii VC I will not buy for my 3DS, I hope that sooner or later they just make an account system similar to Sony's so I can link my games between devices, a la PS3 to PSP to Vita. Its so cool and convenient. I can't see how you can defend Nintendo's actions on this part.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#13Frozenx07Posted 4/10/2013 7:32:06 PM
If Nintendo released more 3D Classics, I would buy them!

I want:

3D Classics: Super Mario Bros
3D Classics: Super Mario Bros 2
3D Classics: Super Mario Bros 3
3D Classics: Legend Of Zelda
3D Classics: Zelda II
3D Classics: Metroid
3D Classics: Star Tropics
3D Classics: Star Tropics II
3D Classics: Mother
3D Classics: Donkey Kong
3D Classics: Mario Bros
3D Classics: Balloon Fight
3D Classics: Ice Climbers
#14warlord78Posted 4/10/2013 8:08:38 PM
MATADOR480 posted...
I do agree that it's the consumers fault. That doesn't justify their greediness. I believe you make a good point, but that does not make it right. I choose to not pay twice. Any game I have on my Wii VC I will not buy for my 3DS, I hope that sooner or later they just make an account system similar to Sony's so I can link my games between devices, a la PS3 to PSP to Vita. Its so cool and convenient. I can't see how you can defend Nintendo's actions on this part.

Nintendo is a company, profits are like food, water and oxygen to them. They are not forcing or even suggesting that people should give them twice as much for the same game, they're just not refusing to accept people's money when they offer it to them (of their own free will, btw). That would be really nice if they did integrate the two together but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also keep in mind that if Sony Corp is still in business two years from now it would be a miracle, they are almost out of money and assets. Your great grand children will probably have a Nintendo though.

Like I said I'm not defending them, as it doesn't matter what I want, but at the same time I can see how their decisions are completely rational and make since for the health of the company.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#15miketheman109Posted 4/10/2013 8:11:33 PM
I would love to see all three of the NES Super Mario games as 3D classics. But what I would love even more is a 3D classic Metroid.
#16WillWarePosted 4/10/2013 8:17:07 PM
I'm surprised that no one's yet said

They did make it. It's just called New Super Mario Bros. 2.

That seems like something someone here would say.
---
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Need something to do? Here's a maze: http://i.imgur.com/HSMCf.png
#17DarthFloatyPosted 4/10/2013 8:17:40 PM
lordgibbon posted...
Nintendo is allergic to money?

Going with this theory.
#18TripurariPosted 4/10/2013 8:29:56 PM
Frozenx07 posted...
If Nintendo released more 3D Classics, I would buy them!

I want:

3D Classics: Super Mario Bros
3D Classics: Super Mario Bros 2
3D Classics: Super Mario Bros 3
3D Classics: Legend Of Zelda
3D Classics: Zelda II
3D Classics: Metroid
3D Classics: Star Tropics
3D Classics: Star Tropics II
3D Classics: Mother
3D Classics: Donkey Kong
3D Classics: Mario Bros
3D Classics: Balloon Fight
3D Classics: Ice Climbers

Same. I can honestly say I would buy all of those.
---
can't remember... something important...
#19AkaneJonesPosted 4/10/2013 11:45:53 PM
A 3D classic of Super Mario Bros. wouldn't help that much. Underground levels would lack 3D effect. Castles would only have lava effects. The Water levels would only be effected at the very top. As it stands you'd only have clouds and hill in one layer, and trees, grass, and fences in the other.

Unless they did what they did to the 3D classic Kid Icarus it wouldn't look at that impressive. Kirby's Adventure was a different story the game was built later in the NESs life so it it has graphical layer effects all over the place. Just look at any screen shot of the game and see fancy backgrounds in every screen shot. SMB1 is very simple in comparison.

What alludes you is simple flat colours do no work well with the 3D effect. You can't make the mat blue bg drop behind the clouds for example, it'll just be on the same plain, or look like it, even with added parallax scrolling. I suppose if you've not tried to mess with it would wouldn't know. It however is an interesting side-effect of trying Cel shading in 3D, that can be used to your advantage or detriment.

Random Kirby's Adventure Screen
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/e/6/b/gfs_45507_2_30.jpg
Random Super Mario Bros Screen
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/2/3/3/gfs_49519_2_33.jpg
Random Kid Icarus Screen
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/c/1/8/gfs_39621_2_8.jpg
Random 3D Classic: Kid Icarus Screen
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2012/004/647587_20120105_screen002.jpg

You understand?
#20esoteric42Posted 4/11/2013 7:37:22 AM
News Flash:

There are no more 3D Classics coming from NCL.

Iwata and Miyamoto said the ones they already made were too expensive to produce.

The only saving grace are the 3D updates to classic games that SEGA is producing.

Sorry to piss in your cornflakes.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)