Should I get Monster Hunter or Fire Emblem?

#1ZenningPosted 4/13/2013 4:18:50 AM
Just so you guys know, I've played Monster hunter before, but never A fire Emblem game. With Monster hunter, I'm afraid the lack of circle pad pro for me may kill it.

What do you guys recommend?
#2evil_deathscythPosted 4/13/2013 4:59:01 AM
I would say get fire emblem I don't have either but playing monster hunter on the psp annoying adjusting the camera while running and without the cpp I would imagine it would be just as difficult.

however they are two different game if you want a lot of action get monster hunter or a strategy rpg get fire emblem.
#3CurryfiendPosted 4/13/2013 5:34:29 AM
You can download a demo of Fire Emblem Awakening to see what it's like.

I would recommend getting Fire Emblem first and when you finish it get Monster Hunter. Also with Monster Hunter you can put a d-pad on the touch screen for camera control so it's easier to control than PSP
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. ~f00had
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/EpicImmenseCurry.png
#4Thunderbird8Posted 4/13/2013 5:43:33 AM
Both games have demos available. While I wouldn't recommend the Monster Hunter demo for players who've never played it before, it's decent for experienced players to get a feel for the various controls in the game (like the camera).

I don't have a CPP (I have the XL and I'm not sure if I actually want to import the CPP), but I find camera control with the touch screen Dpad to be sufficient. Plus there's the large monster lock on that's useful.
#5levyjl1988Posted 4/13/2013 9:25:34 PM
The monster hunter demo doesn't feature the option to use the CPP.
However the retail game does allow you to.

I have both. Both are different experiences. I say get both. But first get FE:A. You can get MH later with a CPP. It's necessary to have one.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#6the_NGWPosted 4/14/2013 12:44:25 AM
levyjl1988 posted...
It's necessary to have one.

Oh pish posh. The game controls fine without it. It certainly helps, especially underwater, but it is far from necessary.
---
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
Now Watching: Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Den-O
#7Bancario51Posted 4/14/2013 1:06:30 AM
Get Monster Hunter 4 when it comes out. Looks good.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~