Damn, Etrian Odyessy IV is hard...

#11AkaneJonesPosted 4/14/2013 4:21:40 PM(edited)
You're not really under leveled but when you finish the second dungeon you should be level 28, but you have help for the 3rd floor so you gain a 6 character party. That means you gain a step heal and a character who heals there TP by simply leaving the floor.

Things of note;
avoid walking around at night those apes show up and can massive damage you;
prioritize the flowers first and if you can use a Nightseeker's instadeath on them, sleep is murder;
if you run into the pods defend on the turn after it grows if you can not defeat it before it explodes, that should stop you getting one shotted by the thing;
Avoid Moth FOE entirely except the 2 on floor 3(if you step on a specific tile you want these two killed first, you will see why, but you need to treat the double moth battle as a boss);
Kill both Moa FOE they get you the best armor in the area for Landsknecht & Fortress, normally you'd think you just avoid them until after you're done with the area(but they are actually pretty weak FOE compared to the moths, lizards, ect in the area);
Always consider fully mapping the side dungeons before completing area;
You should be able to best the frog FOE in the swamp, you can use that for extra training.

In any case the Boss will be a trick even at or above level 28. An Ice ring could help, as could a Sniper, but the game gives you a free character with binds so it's still do able with out one. Try doing the side-quest that nets you the Black Mist Boost skill, or what ever it's called, that will help lengthen binds. You want to bind the boss to keep it's devastating moves at bay.
#12Nickcool1996Posted 4/14/2013 4:41:22 PM
Watch out for the maze boss. It was tremendously fun for me, but looking on TV Tropes, I see that others were having difficulty with the boss...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#13NewportBox100sPosted 4/14/2013 7:41:41 PM
what about easy mode?
---
twitter.com/ChaseBurr last.fm/user/Fire_Thief
youtube.com/user/OmegaWeaponFFVIII
#14DynamicJumpIuffPosted 4/14/2013 7:44:22 PM
Etrian Odyssey IV is always on easy mode... Compared to the other Etrian odyssey games.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#15Bancario51Posted 4/14/2013 8:01:14 PM
I found strange journey harder
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#16Lord_FroodPosted 4/14/2013 8:15:40 PM
>EO
>hard
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#17tw1g_007Posted 4/14/2013 8:21:16 PM(edited)
Lol @ this topic. Etrian Odyssey 4 is by far the easiest in the series.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#18TehTrumpCardPosted 4/14/2013 9:57:51 PM
The 2nd Maze boss didn't give me any trouble whatsoever. Those Omnihunters and that cheater Supreme Wing on the 2nd tier of the 1st Land did though.

However Resting did. I can't even start the 3rd maze now D:<
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard