so, I bought Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, now what?

#11IcewitchPosted 4/15/2013 11:59:53 AM
ares9090 posted...
Oh my, I asked because I forged an armor I can not use because I don't have the appropriate rank.

Mm... there's no armor that's restricted by rank.

Armor comes in two types: Blademaster and Gunner. If you're using a melee weapon, you can't wear Gunner armor, and vice-versa.
---
Current GOTY: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Currently hyping: Dark Souls II
#12ares9090(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 12:03:33 PM
Icewitch posted...
ares9090 posted...
Oh my, I asked because I forged an armor I can not use because I don't have the appropriate rank.

Mm... there's no armor that's restricted by rank.

Armor comes in two types: Blademaster and Gunner. If you're using a melee weapon, you can't wear Gunner armor, and vice-versa.

Oh, so that's why, I'm using a Sword and a Shield or something along the lines, and I must break my friend's neck for telling me that I can not use certain armors if I don't have the appropriate rank >_<

Thanks.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#13IcewitchPosted 4/15/2013 12:08:15 PM(edited)
When you craft armor you can see which type its for in the stats on the left side. It'll say (Blademaster) or (Gunner) in yellow I think. Alternatively, I believe you can also filter the craft list to only display Blade or Gun armor. Forget which button it is... maybe start? Also, all helmets can be worn by both types, but the rest of the slots (chest, arms, waist, feet) are class restricted.

Gunner weapons: Bow, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun
Blademaster weapons: All the rest of them
---
Current GOTY: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Currently hyping: Dark Souls II
#14ares9090(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 12:14:07 PM
Icewitch posted...
When you craft armor you can see which type its for in the stats on the left side. It'll say (Blademaster) or (Gunner) in yellow I think. Alternatively, I believe you can also filter the craft list to only display Blade or Gun armor. Forget which button it is... maybe start? Also, all helmets can be worn by both types, but the rest of the slots (chest, arms, waist, feet) are class restricted.

Gunner weapons: Bow, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun
Blademaster weapons: All the rest of them

Thank You Very Much.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#15the_NGWPosted 4/15/2013 12:56:00 PM
Icewitch posted...
Also, all helmets can be worn by both types

Wait really? Damn and all this time I thought they were restricted too. There are some cool helmets I missed out on then >_>
---
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
Now Watching: Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Den-O