My favorite character is missing in Mario Kart 7 and I am sad.

#1omchild86Posted 4/16/2013 9:13:40 PM
The moment my husband got this game I was excited because I love playing as Boo, I love cute fat things, but there is no Boo! Now, I am sad. At least I can get my fix by playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Does anyone else miss Boo or am I the only fan of him?
#2TaplampPosted 4/16/2013 9:25:29 PM
omchild86 posted...
The moment my husband got this game I was excited because I love playing as Boo, I love cute fat things, but there is no Boo! Now, I am sad. At least I can get my fix by playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Does anyone else miss Boo or am I the only fan of him?

Agreed, I played all the way through hoping to unlock Boo. Didnt, so I took the cartridge and fed it to my fat cat.
---
Just so no assumptions are made, I'm a happily married 25 yr old vegetarian male that refurbishes antique gaming consoles for fun.
#3omchild86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 9:52:56 PM
Taplamp posted...
omchild86 posted...

Agreed, I played all the way through hoping to unlock Boo. Didnt, so I took the cartridge and fed it to my fat cat.

I wish they would give Boo his own game, I would totally play!
#4MKman9495Posted 4/16/2013 10:23:48 PM
Giving a boo its own game would be interesting....
Imagine of they gave the main Boo of the game its own back story, image if the game they created for the boo was slightly dark.
---
3Ds FC: 3909 7969 1230
#5SpecstechPosted 4/16/2013 10:29:04 PM
No Waluigi, either. MK7 kind of misses out on a few classic characters. At least it's got Luigi and Lakitu, the cool guys.
---
---The shlogs are coming! The shlogs are coming!---
#6omchild86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 10:39:10 PM
MKman9495 posted...
Giving a boo its own game would be interesting....
Imagine of they gave the main Boo of the game its own back story, image if the game they created for the boo was slightly dark.

Yes! That would be awesome! I would be able to die a happy death. I would freaking love it if they gave him a dark and yet sad background. I love stories that make you feel for the "bad guy"
#7AkaneJonesPosted 4/16/2013 10:39:19 PM
King Boo not being in Mario Kart 7 is much less important than say Waluigi & Toadette. Generally even Bowers Jr. & Birdo rank higher on the totem of who the removed. Though considering Luigi's Mansion 2 and the fact that it's a Mario spin of that did have Bowser as a boss, places him higher than say old Petty Piranha.

Still I've got to wonder why they never use Wario Characters in these things. Not like Mona, 9-volt, or Ashley would look out of place. Even then they totally could have used Maple(Captain Syrup) if they were avoiding the Wares series. Even Dr. Mario had Rudy the clown as a boss.

Either way I think most of us agree that more character are better for Mario Kart. So I expect the WiiU dev team to have got the memo, along with the DCL one.
#8TaplampPosted 4/16/2013 10:42:20 PM
AkaneJones posted...
King Boo not being in Mario Kart 7 is much less important than say Waluigi & Toadette. Generally even Bowers Jr. & Birdo rank higher on the totem of who the removed. Though considering Luigi's Mansion 2 and the fact that it's a Mario spin of that did have Bowser as a boss, places him higher than say old Petty Piranha.

Still I've got to wonder why they never use Wario Characters in these things. Not like Mona, 9-volt, or Ashley would look out of place. Even then they totally could have used Maple(Captain Syrup) if they were avoiding the Wares series. Even Dr. Mario had Rudy the clown as a boss.

Either way I think most of us agree that more character are better for Mario Kart. So I expect the WiiU dev team to have got the memo, along with the DCL one.

Save those Wario Characters for Wario Kart.
---
Just so no assumptions are made, I'm a happily married 25 yr old vegetarian male that refurbishes antique gaming consoles for fun.
#9AkaneJonesPosted 4/16/2013 11:14:20 PM
Taplamp posted...

So a game they'll never make, and if it does exist it will simply be a minigame spoof of Mario Kart and not a legitimate Mario Kart. Yeah that'll go over well.

You want more generic enemy racers or something? I bet you love Queen Bee, because it was a legitimate choice over Waluigi, Bowser jr., & King Boo. The point is Nintendo has lots of legitimate characters in the Mario Universe but they don't use them. Instead expect generic goomba racer, or a crazy-daisy for the next Mario Kart. I mean here Wario characters & Tatanga would be more legitimate, but no people want generic enemies.

Koopa Troopa was grandfathered in so we get it, and the Shy Guy I throw a pass, because it's a Shy Guy. But seriously a Wiggler... *walks away*.
#10TaplampPosted 4/16/2013 11:20:41 PM
AkaneJones posted...
Taplamp posted...

So a game they'll never make, and if it does exist it will simply be a minigame spoof of Mario Kart and not a legitimate Mario Kart. Yeah that'll go over well.

You want more generic enemy racers or something? I bet you love Queen Bee, because it was a legitimate choice over Waluigi, Bowser jr., & King Boo. The point is Nintendo has lots of legitimate characters in the Mario Universe but they don't use them. Instead expect generic goomba racer, or a crazy-daisy for the next Mario Kart. I mean here Wario characters & Tatanga would be more legitimate, but no people want generic enemies.

Koopa Troopa was grandfathered in so we get it, and the Shy Guy I throw a pass, because it's a Shy Guy. But seriously a Wiggler... *walks away*.

I agree with all that you said, but Wario's company belong in their own universe. That's just my opinion. I thought Wiggler was stupid as well.
---