LttP "sequel" hype topic

#1LLL_DeadlyPosted 4/17/2013 9:59:13 AM
Amongst all of the crap going on around here between the ALttP and Majora's Mask fans, I figured I should make this.

The new "drawing" mechanic seems pretty interesting, and if coupled with ALttP's amazing overworld, we could get some pretty solid exploration. The return of the Magic Meter is great; I definitely missed it in PH, ST, TP & SS; hopefully we see some new, interesting spells.

The bigger emphasis on height in dungeons could make for some really good dungeon design, and could very well become the innovation this series has sorely lacked since 2003.

In the Wii U Nintendo Direct a while ago, Aonuma stated that the convention we've seen since 2003 where the game forces us to complete dungeons in a specific order may very well be gone in Zelda Wii U. I'm hoping Aonuma is directing this game, as a linear LttP sequel would be shameful to the original game.

Anyone else have hopes for this game?
---
Predicting Sasuke Uchiha's death sometime in the next 50 chapters. ~03/19/13
#2TiaelPosted 4/17/2013 9:59:36 AM
Hopes here.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy III UMD - Saronia Kingdom, Tales of Graces f - North Strahta Desert
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#3GenericName9Posted 4/17/2013 10:00:56 AM
It's going to be amazing, my new favorite....err that is if there's no trains or steamboats in it.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 4/17/2013 10:01:07 AM
aLttP is my favorite game of all time, and my early childhood basically.

So yeah, hype isn't quite the word I'd use for the sequel. Something above hype lol.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#5LinkSSJ6Posted 4/17/2013 10:01:24 AM
The original didn't leave that much room for non-Linearity. Unless you quit dungeons before finishing them after getting a new item.

I think there were only like 2 moments in the entire game we could choose between 2 dungeons?
---
Got a Wii or Wii U but nothing new to play? Get Pandora's Tower!
http://www.pandorastowerwii.com/
#6gilv3rPosted 4/17/2013 10:02:04 AM
Im excited as hell. Alttp was my first SNES game an i have played it many times over the past 20 years.
---
PC PS3 3DS
#7Justice_ApolloPosted 4/17/2013 10:02:46 AM
Thanks for trying but the Majora's Mask fans will stop at nothing to complain, cry, scream and turn table contents in the floor wherever there is a Zelda topic.
---
Here comes... FINAL JUSTICE!!
#8LLL_Deadly(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 10:04:23 AM
LinkSSJ6 posted...
The original didn't leave that much room for non-Linearity. Unless you quit dungeons before finishing them after getting a new item.

I think there were only like 2 moments in the entire game we could choose between 2 dungeons?

You could pretty much do the Dark World dungeons in any order, except for the Palace of Darkness.

In my recent playthrough, I went 1-4-6-3-7-5-2.
---
Predicting Sasuke Uchiha's death sometime in the next 50 chapters. ~03/19/13
#9gilv3rPosted 4/17/2013 10:04:38 AM
Justice_Apollo posted...
Thanks for trying but the Majora's Mask fans will stop at nothing to complain, cry, scream and turn table contents in the floor wherever there is a Zelda topic.

Doesnt matter. They lost :)
---
PC PS3 3DS
#10GenericName9Posted 4/17/2013 10:05:29 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
aLttP is my favorite game of all time, and my early childhood basically.

So yeah, hype isn't quite the word I'd use for the sequel. Something above hype lol.

I hope it's as big and long as ALTTP, with as many or more secret sidequest niches, or even bigger. I hope there's some kind of figurine collecting thing like in TMC.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!