earthbound 3ds?

#21AhnoldDoodPosted 4/17/2013 11:24:28 PM
Pikachu1918 posted...
Its not like the 3DS doesn't have the power or the space to run SNES games. The 3DS is the perfect system to launch Earth Bound on.

I am not going to fork over $300-$400 for a Wii U to play one game. Give me an F-Zero or something more adult for me to buy a Wii U, and not this Wii-Wii ware that is so cheap, I smell ET.

You take nonsense to a nonsensical degree. What does power have to with anything? Ever thought that its coming to Wii U because, pfft, they want it to?

And yeah, look at all those kiddie Wii U games! Like ZombiU, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden 3. And what does kid's stuff have to do with ET?
#22Pikachu1918Posted 4/18/2013 3:24:38 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Pikachu1918 posted...
Its not like the 3DS doesn't have the power or the space to run SNES games. The 3DS is the perfect system to launch Earth Bound on.

I am not going to fork over $300-$400 for a Wii U to play one game. Give me an F-Zero or something more adult for me to buy a Wii U, and not this Wii-Wii ware that is so cheap, I smell ET.

You take nonsense to a nonsensical degree. What does power have to with anything? Ever thought that its coming to Wii U because, pfft, they want it to?

And yeah, look at all those kiddie Wii U games! Like ZombiU, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden 3. And what does kid's stuff have to do with ET?

If the 3DS did not have the power to run Earthbound, I would agree its a bad idea to port it to it. That is what power head to do with it.

Yes the WiiU has some adult games, but most gamers want dare I say it more. And after all the cheap bad games for the Wii, you can't blame more serious gamers for taking a good step back before buying it.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#23Sir_HaxorPosted 4/18/2013 3:33:15 AM
Pikachu1918 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Pikachu1918 posted...

If the 3DS did not have the power to run Earthbound, I would agree its a bad idea to port it to it. That is what power head to do with it.

Yes the WiiU has some adult games, but most gamers want dare I say it more. And after all the cheap bad games for the Wii, you can't blame more serious gamers for taking a good step back before buying it.

What is a serious gamer? I don't own a WiiU but will be buying one around summer after E3. I need to see what is releasing this year. As much as I love Earthbound I'm gonna need more stuff.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#24AkaneJonesPosted 4/18/2013 4:14:01 AM
This topic is silly there is no SNES emu on 3DS. Well we could get Mother/Earthbound NES, but it would be a new precedent. The only advantage Mother/Earthbound NES has is Nintendo already translated the game unlike most every thing else. However they did sell off the Beta Rom cart it was housed on. We don't know if they had back-up data for it, although the sprite changes made into GBA compo cart even if it was Japanese only.

However there is an outside chance they could slap the GBA version of on Earthbound from the compo on 3DS VC, but I doubt it. First of all they'd have to deconstruct the compo so it's just the one game then they'd have to patch the translation into it. I'd imagine we'd get a English version of Mother 3 before they went to that trouble. Even SNES VC on 3DS is more likely, in which case you actually get the game on here.