So, 3DS has games and vita doesn't... but what are they?

#21g6260Posted 4/17/2013 6:18:30 PM(edited)
gamewhooper181 posted...
VioletZer0 posted...
I find that if you don't like Nintendo games or JRPGs then your options on the 3DS are severely limited.

You have Monster Hunter...and that's about it.

You'd think they would have more variety by now.

"Nintendo" games aren't one particular genre. Discounting Nintendo games means discounting games like Super Mario 3D Land, Pushmo, Xenoblade, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Fire Emblem: Awakening, which are some of the best games to release the past two years.

They may cover a lot of genres, but if you're looking for a game with modern presentation, a mature aesthetic, and an actual storyline, then there's next to nothing nothing in Nintendo's entire catalog that can scratch that itch.

And the only game you mentioned that was actually good is Xenoblade.
---
GT: amillionknivezz, PSN: Team_Alucard
http://i.imgur.com/ComI0.gif
#22gamewhooper181Posted 4/18/2013 11:54:47 AM
g6260 posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...
VioletZer0 posted...
I find that if you don't like Nintendo games or JRPGs then your options on the 3DS are severely limited.

You have Monster Hunter...and that's about it.

You'd think they would have more variety by now.

"Nintendo" games aren't one particular genre. Discounting Nintendo games means discounting games like Super Mario 3D Land, Pushmo, Xenoblade, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Fire Emblem: Awakening, which are some of the best games to release the past two years.

They may cover a lot of genres, but if you're looking for a game with modern presentation, a mature aesthetic, and an actual storyline, then there's next to nothing nothing in Nintendo's entire catalog that can scratch that itch.

And the only game you mentioned that was actually good is Xenoblade.

Every one of those games except for Kid Icarus: Uprising, which was many people's Handheld Game of the Year for 2012, has between a 90 and 92 on Metacritic.

You say "modern presentation" and "actual storyline" and I instantly think of some generic wannabe movie.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#23lt519Posted 4/18/2013 12:05:00 PM
Don't forget the great eShop games!

Gunman Clive (fantastic Mega Man style shooter at a ridiculously low price, pretty short but great replay value)
Pushmo (awesome puzzle game with very unique mechanics)
Crashmo (sequel to above)

As for Retail Games

Because there are better games out now, I would pass on Paper Mario and get either Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion (that game has character bursting at the seams). You have your standard Mario games that are worth it (NSMB2, SML3D, Mario Kart 7), you'll know what to expect there. Professor Layton is a must if you are into mysteries and puzzles.

That's about all I've played, besides demos.