Nintendo must be aware of Wii U's poor sales to be releasing these titles on 3DS

#1chaos_controlrPosted 4/17/2013 3:25:46 PM
For instance I dont think anyone would argue they'd rather see a full console experience Mario Golf than a 3DS one, or at least a dual version type thing where they can share data like the old mario gold titles between gameboy and 64.

Mario Party is also a pretty big game and id rather have that on a console as well. The mini game possibilites would be huge.

Not saying these titles dont look great on 3DS, just to me they seem more suited for a home console and I think its odd that 3DS is getting this great lineup while Wii U is kinda being left behind.

Guess Ill wait to E3 to see if ill be buying a Wii U anytime soon.
#2Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 4/17/2013 3:27:21 PM
I was very surprised at the 3ds'es new games today on the direct a sequel to zelda a link to the past who would of thought that. I am expecting e3 to have very unexpected awsome titles for wii u this year.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#3Hirokey123Posted 4/17/2013 3:28:28 PM
Every Nintendo Handheld Generation gets a Mario party. There has been a GBA (completely with E-reader cards) and DS mario party so a 3DS mario party isn't strange at all.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#4SlimeStackPosted 4/17/2013 3:30:04 PM
Meh, Nintendo haven't made a good home console since the SNES. They seem to get a few decent games but end up with very weak 3rd party support. The more games the 3DS steals away the better.
---
Moo
#5gamewhooper181Posted 4/17/2013 3:40:45 PM
These games were in development for 3DS far before the Wii U released let alone started to have mediocre sales.

Do you honestly think games like Zelda: A Link to the Past 2, Yoshi's Island 3DS, etc. could be developed and released in less than a year? We've been hearing hints about how the Zelda developers wanted to revisit A Link to the Past for a year or two now, for example.

GBA and DS both got Mario Party games. And Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games came out on the GBC before that even.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#6chaos_controlr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 5:34:14 PM
Good point, guess I just want to see Mario Golf on the big screen with online and all that.
#7JiggsMasterPosted 4/17/2013 5:36:31 PM
gamewhooper181 posted...
These games were in development for 3DS far before the Wii U released let alone started to have mediocre sales.

Do you honestly think games like Zelda: A Link to the Past 2, Yoshi's Island 3DS, etc. could be developed and released in less than a year? We've been hearing hints about how the Zelda developers wanted to revisit A Link to the Past for a year or two now, for example.

GBA and DS both got Mario Party games. And Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games came out on the GBC before that even.

They look like it
---
I don't listen to authority when authority is filled with dumbasses
#8Frozenx07Posted 4/17/2013 6:13:35 PM
JiggsMaster posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...

They look like it

I agree. Even though A Link To The Past 2 and Yoshi's Island were the games that got me most excited, they look like GBA games. That's not a bad thing. I'm a retro gamer, but it doesn't look like it took years to develop.
#9Kenichi34Posted 4/17/2013 6:17:44 PM
This Nintendo Direct was about the 3DS right from the start as they announced, I was surprised they announced anything about the Wii U at all in it.

I'm pretty sure E3 is gonna be the Wii U's time to shine, unless Nintendo is planning a Wii U Nintendo Direct before E3.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#10MMaestroPosted 4/17/2013 6:19:49 PM
Frozenx07 posted...
JiggsMaster posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...

They look like it

I agree. Even though A Link To The Past 2 and Yoshi's Island were the games that got me most excited, they look like GBA games. That's not a bad thing. I'm a retro gamer, but it doesn't look like it took years to develop.

You need to go back and play Four Swords on the GBA if you think A Link To The Past 2 has GBA-graphics.