Earthbound

#1Pikachu1918Posted 4/17/2013 4:39:10 PM
Am I the only one who feels Earthbound is being sold on the wrong console? I mean Wii and 3DS make sense, the Wii U is too weak right now to sell such a high end game.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#2KurizakaPosted 4/17/2013 4:40:35 PM
I disagree. I think it was a good choice to put it on the Wii U. Of course, the 3DS would have been good too.
#3TAoRPosted 4/17/2013 4:40:43 PM
Hence why they're selling it to try and boost sales. Even if it is a little silly.
#4SlimeStackPosted 4/17/2013 4:40:44 PM
I thought it was going to the Wii by extension?

They should really just make the VC cross platform. If I buy a game on one console, I should be able to play it on the other. Guess they need to get an account system first though...
---
Moo
#521_21Posted 4/17/2013 4:42:45 PM
SlimeStack posted...
I thought it was going to the Wii by extension?

They should really just make the VC cross platform. If I buy a game on one console, I should be able to play it on the other. Guess they need to get an account system first though...

Wouldn't work well. Imagine buying a N64 or GCN games from the WiiU eshop. Playing them on the 3DS right afterwards would just cause hiccups in the process.

Not saying this wouldn't be cool to implement if possible, but I'm only showing you the reality, especially since Nintendo is behind when it comes to online functionality.
---
Currently playing:
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#6Luigi4PresidentPosted 4/17/2013 4:45:20 PM
It's wonderful to have it at all to be honest! I would love either system, and maybe someday we can have it on both. But hey, I am loving it either way!

Of course Wii U is a better business choice though. So many buyers want this game.
---
There's no radical -1 in team!
Official Jiggs of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#7Bikes-Posted 4/17/2013 4:46:47 PM
TAoR posted...
Hence why they're selling it to try and boost sales. Even if it is a little silly.

Do they seriously think it's going to drive sales. Sure it's nice to have a official copy, but it's not like you can't play the game on almost any device in existence at this point. Especially considering that's the only way to play the rest of the series in English. >_>
#8Kinneth123Posted 4/17/2013 4:53:55 PM
Pikachu1918 posted...
Am I the only one who feels Earthbound is being sold on the wrong console? I mean Wii and 3DS make sense, the Wii U is too weak right now to sell such a high end game.

I've been going on about this for a better part of this day.

I understand it from a sales perspective, but it's still annoying for those of us who have a 3DS and not a Wii U.

I'm not going to go buy one just because they try a carrot-and-stick routine. I'm just going to get angry.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#9Pikachu1918(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 4:57:55 PM
I am half tempted to write Nintendo, and tell them I am not impressed/happy as a customer.
---
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com
#10Kinneth123Posted 4/17/2013 4:58:52 PM
Pikachu1918 posted...
I am half tempted to write Nintendo, and tell them I am not impressed/happy as a customer.

I don't think it would help.

I think because of this not only should we get Mother 3, it should be 3DS exclusive.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;