Would you be in favor of a name change for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy?

#71Gandalf the IstariPosted 4/18/2013 6:06:08 PM
keyblader1985 posted...
Gandalf the Istari posted...
keyblader1985 posted...
I also think changing the name just to attract/not turn off certain demographics is dumb. It's like putting angry eyes on Kirby as mentioned earlier, or changing Cardcaptor Sakura to Cardcaptors to attract a bigger demographic.

Would you rather have something or nothing? If nothing about the game changes and sales guarantee continued development of titles like this - why does it matter?

I don't really understand the point you're trying to make, but I'll expand on mine. I don't think such a superficial change would actually have an effect, at least not with a game like this. Anyone who would be attracted to the name Final Fantasy is already unlikely to be bothered by a name like "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy."

In the same vein, I don't think making Kirby angry has any effect on potential buyers - he's still a pink puffball, after all. Very few people will think "he's a cutesy little pink ball... but he's mad, so I'll buy it." It seems more like a personal preference for the publishers.

The point I'm trying to make is that sales determine whether games get made in the future, if a bunch of people don't buy it because of name/subtitle then future games are less likely, and there have already been hints at a sequel in Japan.

Superficial changes like this do have effects - its all a part of marketing and advertising. Details make all the difference. This doesn't matter to core people who read gamefaqs/game news etc. But if a bunch of random people/parents/grandparents don't buy it for whoever, sales fall. I think theres a pretty large difference between Final Fantasy and Flying Fairy, even if you ignore the fact that Final Fantasy is a huge brand name that pushes units.

It may not make sense, it may not even be right that things like this change peoples mind but I don't really care - I want them to do whatever makes the game most likely to sell - if thats changing or dropping the subtitle - then go for it. If changing a name appeals to a wider demographic without changing gameplay - then I think its the best possible scenario.
#72zinformantPosted 4/18/2013 6:33:24 PM
It's good to see a realist around here.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#73GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/18/2013 6:38:04 PM
Not voting because there's no "I don't care either way" option.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#74joeyx4xPosted 4/18/2013 7:14:43 PM
Cyclical posted...
Yes, for it's own good. I want this thing to sell.

lmfaooooooooo youd be shocked at the amount of money se will make of bdff like your draw would litteraly hit the floor
---
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 2236 2329 6327
#75LyonDRCPosted 4/18/2013 7:20:10 PM
Nope. I love the name.
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#76GoldenSun3DSPosted 4/18/2013 7:37:39 PM
joeyx4x posted...
lmfaooooooooo youd be shocked at the amount of money se will make of bdff like your draw would litteraly hit the floor

joeyx4x posted...
your draw would litteraly hit the floor

joeyx4x posted...
your draw

Ummm.... :/
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio