How to transfer digital game from one 3DS to another?

#1HibikiRushPosted 4/17/2013 11:10:01 PM
I have a 3DS XL from the Mario Kart 7 bundle, where the game was included. I want to get the upcoming Animal Crossing 3DS with that game included digitally, but then I want to sell the MK7 XL. Is it possible to transfer MK7 onto the AC XL?
#2HibikiRush(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:57:20 PM
Bump
#3pokemega32Posted 4/18/2013 9:14:48 PM
Nope. You can't have both on one 3DS.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#4mantezPosted 4/18/2013 9:31:45 PM(edited)
Pre installed software does transfer, but you would need both systems at the same time.

---
The ship is safer in the harbour, but it is not meant for that.
#5TinyTim123Posted 4/18/2013 9:32:40 PM
mantez posted...
I believe it does transfer, but you would need both systems at the same time.

Yeah, this is truth. You would need to initiate a system transfer, then (assuming you are keeping the Animal Crossing 3DS) transfer your original SD Card to the new, and redownload Animal Crossing by going into the eShop and redownloading it.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#6pokemega32Posted 4/18/2013 9:47:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7jose_ole1Posted 4/18/2013 9:59:44 PM
pokemega32 posted...
No, a system transfer erases everything on the new 3DS when it adds the old 3DS's stuff.

You wouldn't be able to keep Animal Crossing on it.

You can redownload it.
---
3ds FC 4253 3721 5818
Less QQ More pew pew
#8HibikiRush(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:19:50 PM
I think it is very confusing how the transfer is structured... Saves stored on memory card, games stored on memory card, nothing tied to account etc.

Basically this is what I want to do. Aqua 3DS (Ambassador) > Transfer to MK7 XL (Keep Ambassador and MK7) > Transfer to AC XL (Keep Ambassador, MK7, AC

I think it might be best for me to email Nintendo and figure out if this will work.
#9mantezPosted 4/18/2013 10:29:11 PM
HibikiRush posted...
Basically this is what I want to do. Aqua 3DS (Ambassador) > Transfer to MK7 XL (Keep Ambassador and MK7) > Transfer to AC XL (Keep Ambassador, MK7, AC

This will work, go to this link

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/gi_index.jsp?menu=transfer&submenu=ctr-gi-apps-transfer-what-data

Select Transfer from 3DS and the 7th bullet point says

Pre-installed games (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land) are treated as a standard Nintendo eShop game license. The license will be on the target system once the transfer is complete.
---
The ship is safer in the harbour, but it is not meant for that.
#10TinyTim123Posted 4/18/2013 10:29:29 PM
HibikiRush posted...
I think it is very confusing how the transfer is structured... Saves stored on memory card, games stored on memory card, nothing tied to account etc.

I think it might be best for me to email Nintendo and figure out if this will work.

Any saves you have on the destination system will be gone once you do a system transfer. You also have to wait 7 days between system transfers. Everything on the destination system will be gone, yes, but can be downloaded again. But like I said, your save data will be wiped. Friend codes, Mario Kart save data, all gone once that is your destination system, to be replaced by everything from your original system.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/