RUMOR! New Zelda 3DS game to be an eshop exclusive title and a SHORT game

#1gfaqsterPosted 4/18/2013 1:02:30 AM
"Game will be an eshop title for like 24.99 bucks.
shorter than most Zelda games (think half of Minish Cap)
with like 3 small dungeons and 4 bigger ones (including final dungeon)
and a very small overworld."

I've seen this posted around on some forums as a rumor so I'm not sure if its legit or not but I sure hope this game isn't a short eshop 3dsware excslusive game.

I thought this would be a big major zelda title.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2superbaboonmanXPosted 4/18/2013 1:03:31 AM
lol while i don't think this looks like a true full fledge zelda game im calling bs
#3alphame4Posted 4/18/2013 1:04:19 AM
You must be the forum troll in these parts.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#4plasmatic5Posted 4/18/2013 1:05:05 AM
I can see it being smaller than A Link to the Past and for download only. If they're keeping the overworld relatively untouched, but completely redoing all of the dungeons, then they'll probably keep it a much smaller game. I feel like if they were going to go for a completely new 100% never-before-seen Zelda game...then they wouldn't be using the same overworld from A Link to the Past.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#5ObtuseAnginaPosted 4/18/2013 1:06:28 AM
you trust a rumor you have heard on a message board without any proof behind it? like if i said, Link is going to ride yoshis in the new game, would you believe it?
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#6gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:12:15 AM
x23sephiroth23x posted...
you trust a rumor you have heard on a message board without any proof behind it? like if i said, Link is going to ride yoshis in the new game, would you believe it?

In a way yes.

Because Final Fantasy games have characters riding yellow chickens (Chocobos)
and in Link's Awakening they did have a Yoshi Doll so I could imagine a Zelda game where you could ride a Yoshi to get around on the overworld map.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#7iGenesisPosted 4/18/2013 1:21:40 AM
I can see it being smaller than A Link to the Past and for download only. If they're keeping the overworld relatively untouched, but completely redoing all of the dungeons, then they'll probably keep it a much smaller game. I feel like if they were going to go for a completely new 100% never-before-seen Zelda game...then they wouldn't be using the same overworld from A Link to the Past.

Knowing Nintendo and their ridiculous greed, even if they did that they'd still charge full price.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#8gamester_12345Posted 4/18/2013 1:25:00 AM
gfaqster posted...

In a way yes.

and in Link's Awakening they did have a Yoshi Doll so I could imagine a Zelda game where you could ride a Yoshi to get around on the overworld map.

Im not sure what to say....

Link's Awakening was a weird game, think the game had cameos on purpose, i mean afterall there are enemies that looks like Kirby, Chain Chomps and even a reference to that frog game (i forget what's it's called...), the guy who teaches you the Frog Teleport song looks slightly like Wart, the guy at the beginning looked similar Mario, and a sidequest has you swapping items which one of them is a picture of Princess Peach. (the person who told you to give it to her admirer was actually an anthropomorphic goat)

Then again, all those cameos were probably there to subtly let the player know that Link isn't in his own world, he's inside his own dream.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#9legendarylemurPosted 4/18/2013 1:35:31 AM
gamester_12345 posted...
gfaqster posted...

In a way yes.

Im not sure what to say....

Link's Awakening was a weird game, think the game had cameos on purpose, i mean afterall there are enemies that looks like Kirby, Chain Chomps and even a reference to that frog game (i forget what's it's called...), the guy who teaches you the Frog Teleport song looks slightly like Wart, the guy at the beginning looked similar Mario, and a sidequest has you swapping items which one of them is a picture of Princess Peach. (the person who told you to give it to her admirer was actually an anthropomorphic goat)

Then again, all those cameos were probably there to subtly let the player know that Link isn't in his own world, he's inside his own dream.

Yeah Link's Awakening was a sort of an anything goes game, and for that I loved it with all my heart
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#10X_ULTIMA_XPosted 4/18/2013 2:40:24 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if this were the case but id be dissapointed if it were.
---
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012