Something that bugs me about NES emulation on the 3DS Virtual Console

#1Phange 2Posted 4/18/2013 6:03:15 AM
Is it just me, or is the picture REALLY dark? I mean sure I didn't expect Mega Man 2 to be as bright as it was on the Vita (the PSOne version, if you're asking) but it sure seems awful dark on the VC. It looks and plays better because the emulation is more accurate than on Vita, but seriously, couldn't they find a way to brighten the image?
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#2TaplampPosted 4/18/2013 6:05:23 AM
Can't you brighten the image on your TV or gamepad?

I'm not sure because I've never messed with the brightness settings of the gamepad.
---
Just so no assumptions are made, I'm a happily married 25 yr old vegetarian male that refurbishes antique gaming consoles for fun.
#3noutBrPosted 4/18/2013 6:08:13 AM
Taplamp posted...

I'm not sure because I've never messed with the brightness settings of the gamepad.

You know, the gamepad for 3DS because 3DS stands for 3 screens.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#4TaplampPosted 4/18/2013 6:12:36 AM
noutBr posted...
Taplamp posted...

HAHA, I'm sleepy.

My bad.
---
Just so no assumptions are made, I'm a happily married 25 yr old vegetarian male that refurbishes antique gaming consoles for fun.
#5noutBrPosted 4/18/2013 6:20:45 AM
Taplamp posted...
noutBr posted...
Taplamp posted...

HAHA, I'm sleepy.

My bad.

You must be very sleepy indeed, Mega Man 2 isn't even out on VC for Wii U :)

Anyway, I have no issues with the brightness (or lack there of) in ambassador NES games on my 3DS and 3DSXL but I don't own MM2 on 3DS so it may be a bit different. There is nothing you can do about it no matter what, you could just send an e-mail to capcom about it because they care a lot about their fans, especially the ones who love Mega Man.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#6Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:33:30 AM
noutBr posted...
Taplamp posted...
noutBr posted...
Taplamp posted...

HAHA, I'm sleepy.

My bad.

You must be very sleepy indeed, Mega Man 2 isn't even out on VC for Wii U :)

Anyway, I have no issues with the brightness (or lack there of) in ambassador NES games on my 3DS and 3DSXL but I don't own MM2 on 3DS so it may be a bit different. There is nothing you can do about it no matter what, you could just send an e-mail to capcom about it because they care a lot about their fans, especially the ones who love Mega Man.

The satire

It's seething

I am a Mega Man fan :'(
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 4/18/2013 6:44:09 AM
MM2 looks normal on my 3DS. RM2 plays just pine on my PS1, PS2 and PS3, and just fine in MMAC (translated version of the Complete Works games) so any control problems with it on Vita are Vita specific.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#8wisemiddsPosted 4/18/2013 6:53:46 AM
I wish the screen was too dark to see anything, the slow down on Mega Man 3 is criminal, don't know how they got away with releasing it in that state.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 4/18/2013 10:09:48 AM
wisemidds posted...
I wish the screen was too dark to see anything, the slow down on Mega Man 3 is criminal, don't know how they got away with releasing it in that state.

Its the same slow down present on an NES. These emulations are for those of us that played these as s kid on NES, not for kids who never played them.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#10bwburke94Posted 4/18/2013 10:24:39 AM
The MM3 slowdown isn't too much worse than the NES version, so I'm not complaining.
---
Systems that block used games are in violation of US and EU laws.
If Micro$oft tries to do it... CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TIME!