Why doesn't Nintendo release actual good games on the VC?

#1Synbios459Posted 4/18/2013 2:42:53 PM
Yeah yeah, I realize there are some good ones, but just think how much money they could make by putting really popular SNES/N64/GBA games on the VC! I guarantee if they put lots of great AAA games from their back library they'd make a killing! Instead we get these mostly throwaway NES/GB games!

Does Nintendo not want money? Just rip the ISO/ROM, upload it to VC and BAM easy, quick money!
---
White 2 FC: 0863-1151-3669
#2SlimeStackPosted 4/18/2013 2:44:07 PM
Their strategy is to make people buy the **** games out of anticipation for the good ones.

It's quite annoying for players who skip the **** ones and only buy the best, but I guess it's working for Nintendo. All of their strange annoying strategies must be doing something right...
---
Moo
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 4/18/2013 2:47:45 PM
SlimeStack posted...
Their strategy is to make people buy the **** games out of anticipation for the good ones.

It's quite annoying for players who skip the **** ones and only buy the best, but I guess it's working for Nintendo. All of their strange annoying strategies must be doing something right...

where's the proof these **** games are selling? because i bet you anything they aren't.
#4ObtuseAnginaPosted 4/18/2013 2:56:39 PM
I'm not entirely sure TC knows how emulation works.
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#5Baha05Posted 4/18/2013 2:57:01 PM
Opinions
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6terrancejonesPosted 4/18/2013 3:13:01 PM
There was a lot of great games released on the 3DS VC, like Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, The Original Donkey Kong, WarioWare Inc., The Zelda games, Metroid, and Super Mario Bros. Lastly, my personal favorites, Wario Land II, and Game and Watch Gallery 2.
#7Kinneth123Posted 4/18/2013 3:26:53 PM
terrancejones posted...
There was a lot of great games released on the 3DS VC, like Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, The Original Donkey Kong, WarioWare Inc., The Zelda games, Metroid, and Super Mario Bros. Lastly, my personal favorites, Wario Land II, and Game and Watch Gallery 2.

A few of those were for Ambassadors only (Like Sacred Stones) so they don't count as VC.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#8terrancejonesPosted 4/18/2013 3:28:26 PM
But some of those *doesn't count* games Have been released, after all! I consider them all as virtual console.
#9Kinneth123Posted 4/18/2013 3:30:40 PM
terrancejones posted...
But some of those *doesn't count* games Have been released, after all! I consider them all as virtual console.

The games that don't count are Sacred Stones and Warioware. Anything you mention that's for GBA is for Ambassadors only and is still only for them. The main public who bought the 3DS after it's price drop can't now and won't ever be able to buy those titles.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#10terrancejonesPosted 4/18/2013 3:34:55 PM
Hey, I'm just defining what is listed on the wiki, as a selection of my favorite games... XD No need to get all snippy about it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Nintendo_3DS_(North_America)

Also, I forgot about the Mega Man series.