As a owner of 3DS and Vita

#1TheProphecies05Posted 4/18/2013 4:19:15 PM
I have to say right now the 3DS is blowing the vita out of the water.

Realistically hardware wise the Vita is superior. The 3DS does have the 3D effect and can be very useful with mic/online playability.

As of right now I'm looking forward to (in no particular order)
1) mario and luigi dream team
2) A link to the Past 2
3) Donkey Kong Country 3
4) Yoshi's Island
5) Bravely Default
6) Mario Golf (not a golf fan, but all the features look fun)
7)Shin Megami Tensei IV
8) Super Smash bros. 3ds

Vita
FF X remake
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (maybe)
Bioshock Infinite (not playing it on any other system, feel like Id rob myself of a vita title, unless it sucks on vita.. in which I might find it cheaper by the time it hits the vita)
Valhalla Knights 3

Id really like to try and get into SS but ugh.. Im really tired of the Action RPG genre.. I just wish it would fade out and more turn-based RPGs would come to light.. I think Square-Enix is on a fence between traditional and action and thats why they are just failing miserably right now (oh and you can say they aren't and you like the recent installments, but overall the mass of fans are turned away from it)

I'll hold back till E3 for now.. but when looking at both options.. I think Fun factor will be greatly in favor of the 3DS

Hopefully Vita bounces in with some good games. To bad they can't force Square's hand on the Playstation 1 final fantasy games.

(By the way, this is a post made by someone who regards the Playstation 1 as favorite console of all time. SNES was 2nd favorite. )
#2TheProphecies05(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 4:23:12 PM
TheProphecies05 posted...
I have to say right now the 3DS is blowing the vita out of the water.

Realistically hardware wise the Vita is superior. The 3DS does have the 3D effect and can be very useful with mic/online playability.

As of right now I'm looking forward to (in no particular order)
1) mario and luigi dream team
2) A link to the Past 2
3) Donkey Kong Country 3
4) Yoshi's Island
5) Bravely Default
6) Mario Golf (not a golf fan, but all the features look fun)
7)Shin Megami Tensei IV
8) Super Smash bros. 3ds

Vita
FF X remake
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (maybe)
Bioshock Infinite (not playing it on any other system, feel like Id rob myself of a vita title, unless it sucks on vita.. in which I might find it cheaper by the time it hits the vita)
Valhalla Knights 3

Id really like to try and get into SS but ugh.. Im really tired of the Action RPG genre.. I just wish it would fade out and more turn-based RPGs would come to light.. I think Square-Enix is on a fence between traditional and action and thats why they are just failing miserably right now (oh and you can say they aren't and you like the recent installments, but overall the mass of fans are turned away from it)

I'll hold back till E3 for now.. but when looking at both options.. I think Fun factor will be greatly in favor of the 3DS

Hopefully Vita bounces in with some good games. To bad they can't force Square's hand on the Playstation 1 final fantasy games.

(By the way, this is a post made by someone who regards the Playstation 1 as favorite console of all time. SNES was 2nd favorite. )

Sorry I meant force Square's hand with remakes of Final Fantasy games on the playstation 1
#3legendarylemurPosted 4/18/2013 4:29:02 PM
Yeah I tried making a visual of exact how many games the Vita is getting and how many the 3DS is getting and just comparing how much people buy each as a whole, and honestly, the Vita actually gets more games than the 3DS this year. The problem is, nobody cares about a great majority of these games, while every time a 3DS game comes out, there's a great fanfare, a red carpet, and several loyal subjects come kissing at its feet. Animal Crossing has never left the Top 5 spot in Media Creates just this year alone. It literally has never left that top 5 spot EVER SINCE ITS RELEASE LAST YEAR.

Now it's no longer the matter of the Vita needing games. It now needs GOOD games that people actually want. People here bash Nintendo and cry about rehash and whatnot, but every time Sony does something that people here theoretically loves, it simply does not sell. People need to stop spoonfeeding themselves this strange reality that Nintendo has lost it. No, they're far smarter than you, and they understand the market far more than anybody on this board or the Vita board can possibly fathom. So they're earning all the money, and you're at a distance watching them in awe as they sweep the market.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#4pokemega32Posted 4/18/2013 4:29:55 PM
TheProphecies05 posted...
Donkey Kong Country 3

...what?
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#5Shadowfxd2Posted 4/18/2013 4:30:28 PM
3DS has been "blowing Vita out of the water" since before Vita launched. I also own both and Vita has become a door stop, while I had to buy 3 3DS's to keep up with the playtime I put into 3DS.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#6TheProphecies05(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 4:38:12 PM
Well currently my 3ds isnt getting much playtime as I just actually started playing Persona 4 for the first time, but after that is over.. Im going back to fire emblem.
#7confettistormPosted 4/18/2013 4:39:43 PM
Good to see there are real gamers out there, not just rabid fanboys and haters with blindfolds over their heads.
#8CapnStankyPosted 4/18/2013 4:39:46 PM
I own both as well, and in terms of software, the 3DS is killing Vita. The problem is that realistically they're both awful. Neither company is doing a damn thing to engender proper third party support. Thus 3DS is doing better, but still sucks. We wait weeks/months between Nintendo releases, when in reality if Nintendo didn't suck when it comes to third party support we'd have plenty to play between major Nintendo releases. Typical awful Nintendo.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#9Freelance_WolfPosted 4/18/2013 7:38:18 PM(edited)
I have both as well, but I tend to play the Vita a lot more than the 3DS, even though I have less games for it. The Vita has more games in the genres that I enjoy, especially when it comes to pinball, so naturally I play it more. Oh, Vita has the best tennis game too. I hope the Vita gets as much SHMUPs as the PSP did.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#10Limen123Posted 4/18/2013 7:37:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]