3DS normal or 3DS XL, which should I buy going by my habits?

#1RX02BansheePosted 4/18/2013 4:05:08 PM
I'm planning on picking up Nintendo's latest portable at long last soon, but I know that there are two models. The normal version which unless I'm mistaken bares a lot of resemblance to the original DSi, and the XL which is some sort of jumbo size 3DS.

Now, I tend to play my portables at home, so them being practical to take out is not an issue (the times I may need a portable odds are I'll be bringing a bag more than capable of fitting it in with my laptop), however I tend to walk about while I play portables (indeed it is one of the reasons I prefer them). So given that little habit of mine, which is the better one to buy?
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Bethesda make poorly made shallow quantity over quality games.
#2Toney9Posted 4/18/2013 4:13:07 PM
XL, for the battery life and is pretty much better in every way.
#3PendragoonPosted 4/18/2013 4:21:18 PM
The XL is more comfortable to hold, has much less glare and has better stylus placement. The large screens look fantastic once you get used to the low pixel density.

The original has better pixel density, louder speakers, brighter screens and looks more expensive.

The XL feels kinda flimsy thanks to the colored faceplates they use. (mine creaks when using the D Pad)

The original has a screen scratching issue when the system is shut. (the lower screen's border touches the upper screen leaving marks that can eventually scratch it)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#4elbarto1Posted 4/18/2013 4:40:49 PM
Unless you want to hold it 6 inches from your face... XL
Its huge by comparison.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#5bandit_wolfPosted 4/18/2013 4:42:34 PM
If you haven't played an XL find a demo unit and try one. It's a big difference from being used to playing regular Ds & 3Ds.
---
PS Deputy & Dex Filler__Jobs:463
Gen 5 [wolfman] [1851-1357-0791] Find all 649 Legit Pokemon at the Pawn Shop
#6Toney9Posted 4/18/2013 4:44:23 PM
Pendragoon posted...
The XL is more comfortable to hold, has much less glare and has better stylus placement. The large screens look fantastic once you get used to the low pixel density.

The original has better pixel density, louder speakers, brighter screens and looks more expensive.

The XL feels kinda flimsy thanks to the colored faceplates they use. (mine creaks when using the D Pad)

The original has a screen scratching issue when the system is shut. (the lower screen's border touches the upper screen leaving marks that can eventually scratch it)

I heard some XL's also have the scratching issue. Not sure if that is true though?
#7PendragoonPosted 4/18/2013 4:54:59 PM
Toney9 posted...
Pendragoon posted...

I heard some XL's also have the scratching issue. Not sure if that is true though?

I've heard it as well, but I have never seen a confirmed case of it actually happening under normal conditions. (just one image of a system with minor dots out of the box, obviously not caused by using the system normally.)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#8coldwinePosted 4/18/2013 6:49:18 PM
XL unless you like squinting.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange