Monster hunter sold more on 3ds.

#11Baha05Posted 4/18/2013 9:19:20 PM
Skul_ posted...
Or.. Yknow.. The hunting of monsters is fun. Or something?

Hell we have an entire genre dedicated to hunting.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#12ares9090Posted 4/18/2013 9:29:20 PM
I love games thatr make me spend a lot of time in them, I bought MH3U and it is giving me all the fun I was expecting to receive from it.

I'm quite happy with this game, so much that it convinced me to buy a Wii U.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#13dancer62Posted 4/18/2013 9:29:23 PM
Skul_ posted...
Soul Sacrifice on the PS vita atleast has a story line unlike monster hunter.....Lets see what else....Grinding...hours of Grinding....and for what?? for better gear....ok what do you do with the gear....fight bosses to get better gear??? sounds pointless, in order to give monster hunter meaning atleast add a competitive online PVP with rankings were gamers can make use of all that hours logged of hard work to gather all that Gear.

Guys why do you waste your time Grinding gear in a game when you get to do nothing with it...for what...FOR WHAT!! Wait unti the game has all the features its missing to enjoy the game to its fullest, thats like living in a world were Currency exist but theres nothing worth using the currency on.

Its like RPING in world of warcraft, Idiotic.

Or.. Yknow.. The hunting of monsters is fun. Or something?

And besides hunting, there is growing crops, gathering herbs and berries, mining, fishing, bugcatching, experimenting with brewing medicines and explosives, .sending out explorers for treasure, learning the nuances of different weapons, trying to build armor with ideal sets of attributes, interacting with the people in the village and the port, fighting in the arena, and much more.

More variety and addictiveness than Animal Crossing, and geared toward adults.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#14blazingsonicPosted 4/18/2013 9:39:53 PM
Elias03R posted...
The only people buying this game are gamers who like to goof off and waste time. I never understood the whole monster hunter thing, reminds me of apple fanboys.

Ma'am, I say, Ma'am I do take offense to you words! We draw pistols at dawn!

Have a pen and paper ready
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#15NowujaloPosted 4/18/2013 9:47:38 PM
Elias03R posted...
Soul Sacrifice on the PS vita atleast has a story line unlike monster hunter.....Lets see what else....Grinding...hours of Grinding....and for what?? for better gear....ok what do you do with the gear....fight bosses to get better gear??? sounds pointless, in order to give monster hunter meaning atleast add a competitive online PVP with rankings were gamers can make use of all that hours logged of hard work to gather all that Gear.

Guys why do you waste your time Grinding gear in a game when you get to do nothing with it...for what...FOR WHAT!! Wait unti the game has all the features its missing to enjoy the game to its fullest, thats like living in a world were Currency exist but theres nothing worth using the currency on.

Monster Hunter doesn't need a story because there are no Badguys just Bowgunners (Sorry I hate you KSing sonuva .....) The monsters are not evil but 99% or them are territorial animals that have to adapt to their enviorments just as you have to find a play style that suits you when playing.

actually I am going to cut this short since I do not believe you have played the game(s) and if you did most likely didn't play them long enough to find them enjoyable.
---
I was forced to take out a mortgage on a house and the only job i could get was from the guy who "sold" me the house.
FREAKING ANIMAL CROSSING!
#16NM_hunterPosted 4/18/2013 9:49:14 PM
Elias03R posted...

lolidiot.

why do people even play video games at all? your argument goes for just about any game.

"thats like living in a world were Currency exist but theres nothing worth using the currency on."
playing video games IS living in that world with your fake currency, but there isn't a single thing you can use it on in real life. eh by your logic every game sucks and isn't worth playing

lolpvp. pvp would suck in MH. there's co-op for a reason. go back and play call of duty
#17warlord3Posted 4/18/2013 9:54:02 PM
It actually sold better than you think, these numbers are only sales to retail stores, eshop sales are not factored in at all because digital sales numbers are rarely ever released. Nintendo has never released sales totals for the eshop, and I doubt they ever will. Microsoft has released LIVE sales numbers, but not of individual games just combined totals that have been rounded off as far as I'm aware, and that only has value for marketing purposes.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#18mabber_IIIPosted 4/18/2013 10:02:53 PM
more people have a 3ds, so that should be obvious
#19ferofaxPosted 4/18/2013 10:49:57 PM
Elias03R posted...

Oh, the fails on this one. You might as well call Tetris as stupid. Grinding in MH is part of the appeal -- if you don't like it, then go play a game where you can buy your way to the end boss, lol.

Also, calling Role-Playing as idiotic... hmm, makes me wonder why they call it Role Playing Games... oh, wait, because at it's core, you're playing a role in a story. But you obviously don't know that because you're too busy insisting yourself on everyone and everything, all full of knowledge you are.

Typical droll.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#20Hercik1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 6:34:05 AM
warlord3 posted...
It actually sold better than you think, these numbers are only sales to retail stores, eshop sales are not factored in at all because digital sales numbers are rarely ever released. Nintendo has never released sales totals for the eshop, and I doubt they ever will. Microsoft has released LIVE sales numbers, but not of individual games just combined totals that have been rounded off as far as I'm aware, and that only has value for marketing purposes.

True I imagine it sold about 5-15% percent more but I don't think to many people buy digital because of Nintendo's lack of account system. The only digital games I bought are fire emblem and guild 01 games.