WTF at them going back to 2D Zelda....

#1HHH is the gamePosted 4/19/2013 1:03:46 AM
Look, okay, make a Link to the Past sequel...whatever...I don't care.

The thing is...while Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were OK games....Ocarina of Time felt amazing. It was the coolest handheld experience I had, playing a game like that on a handheld. Felt amazing.

I was really excited for a 3D Zelda of that nature on a handheld system.

Then they went back to the lame topdown 2D system they had already done on the regular DS?

Ocarina of Time made me go crazy for what was possible with this new handheld, and then they go back to games that look like this and ignore it.

IMO this is really lame. A 3D sequel to LttP in that world could have been cool
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#2-Zeke-Posted 4/19/2013 1:05:34 AM
What if I told you... that OoT is not the best Zelda game ever made?
---
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#3KaerosePosted 4/19/2013 1:09:42 AM
I greatly prefer the topdown zeldas to the "3D" ones so it's fine by me
#4HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 1:11:22 AM
I dont care. I don't care if they remake Majoras Mask. I would like a new game.

But I want it to be a 3D game like Ocarina of Time which makes it stand out over the 2D handheld games we've always had until Ocarina of Time showed what the 3DS is capable of!

As it is it's like "Here's an amazing looking game with full 3D and a great immersive world..."

but then they snatch it away and go "LOL BUT HERES ANOTHER 2D HANDHELD ZELDA WE COULD HAVE MADE FIVE YEARS AGO"

I was SO excited when I played Ocarina of Time because I knew the next Zelda game on 3DS was going to be AMAZING. And then they said they were making a new one and it was great.

But then the new one went back to the top-down 2D style. I just legit don't get it. Ocarina of Time looked phenomenal
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#5lambchipsPosted 4/19/2013 1:15:25 AM
topdown zelda > third person zelda
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#6BaneDraculPosted 4/19/2013 1:15:33 AM
LttP is my favourite Zelda game, so I'm really excited for it. And like Kaerose said, I also prefer the original top down views. That said, I did really love OoT, and equally loved the 3ds version of it. But who's to say that this is the only Zelda game that they'll make for the system? They could easily already be planning a full 3d Zelda title.
---
It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh!
#7Stefan1277Posted 4/19/2013 1:18:38 AM
- They offer something new. Bash it cause it's not true to the original.
- They offer the same. Bash it cause they are milking it and it's unoriginal.
- They offer a sequel/prequel to one of it's ramifications. Bash it cause it's not the one you wanted.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#8Butt_SquidPosted 4/19/2013 1:20:40 AM
It's not 2D, it's top down but all models and environments are 3D.
---
Teuthida and Sphincters
http://i.imgur.com/TGKrA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3RlJo.png http://i.imgur.com/8FfZY.jpg
#9HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 1:21:18 AM
Stefan1277 posted...
- They offer something new. Bash it cause it's not true to the original.
- They offer the same. Bash it cause they are milking it and it's unoriginal.
- They offer a sequel/prequel to one of it's ramifications. Bash it cause it's not the one you wanted.

The point is they never had a system that could handle a handheld 3D Zelda, which is why it was topdown until the N64 on console, and 3DS on handheld. Now we have that system.

We've been getting top-down Zelda games for years and years on handheld. We just got Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Ocarina of Time was the first 3D handheld Zelda, but it was a remake. It was really fun but seemed like a taste of things to come - ie, a NEW game.

Then they come out with one and it's the same as we had before. So I don't really know what you're talking about. I'm not bashing them because it's a sequel, I'm bashing it because the new game is the same as the old games and is a step back graphically when they now have shown they have the potential to make a game larger in scale and they're coasting.

For example Pokemon is finally going 3D, because they can, and it would be great if Zelda did so as well, because they can as well. We've never had ONE new 3D handheld Zelda game, but we've had a million topdown ones.
---
#10SoeroahPosted 4/19/2013 1:22:29 AM
I don't wish to sound antagonistic, but it sounds like it's partly your fault for making assumptions and basing your hype around those assumptions. That they made a good looking 3D Zelda title on the 3DS doesn't necessarily mean they 'had' or were 'going' to make the next Zelda title on the 3DS be third-person.

It sounds like you're attacking Nintendo due to assumptions you shouldn't have made.

Besides, plenty of us like top-down. OoX is still my favourite perspective, but this is close enough, I suppose.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.