Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Impressions) Broke control system!

#71DdoubleTPosted 4/20/2013 10:23:45 AM
Genericgamer667 posted...
sooooo this topic is now pointless since you can change the control scheme right?

Pretty much, unless you now look at it as a topic to inform all these pre-order-cancelin' folk that they were a bit hasty. Although, a new topic might prove more effective for that.
#72DdoubleTPosted 4/20/2013 11:13:37 AM
Mega_Rat posted...
"If you need a smaller jump just don't run. DK moves at a good speed even without running."

True, but here's the thing though. The jumping situations in these games pretty much run the gamut, from short gaps that don't require running, to huge ones that don't seem possible to clear without using the rolling jump, and everything in between. And I feel like there are a lot of those "in between" situations where a running start is required, and you have limited space, which can cause that automatic roll to be irritating if you haven't dedicated an inordinate amount of time to mastering its subtleties.

However, I admit, that analysis could be pretty off, as it's been so long since I've played the original DKC trilogy, and given the fact that I'm so accustomed to holding the "Y" button in platformers no matter what.

And don't get me wrong with all of this, as it's not nearly as big a deal as I'm probably making it sound. If this game had the exact same control scheme as the original DKC trilogy, I could easily live with it. All I'm saying is that I can see this new scheme feeling much more practical.
#73gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 11:30:46 AM
sooooo this topic is now pointless since you can change the control scheme right?

wow I can change from using the D-Pad to the Circlepad!
What sort of magic is this???

>_>
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#74Banjo2553Posted 4/20/2013 11:35:01 AM
gfaqster posted...

>_>

And changing it to D-Pad entirely changes the controls, not just the movement.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#75Genericgamer667Posted 4/20/2013 11:41:00 AM
gfaqster posted...

>_>

way to not pay attention
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#76LnkCldPosted 4/20/2013 12:00:28 PM
Like others have already stated, why don't all games allow for customized controls?