System Transfering

#1MAST3R_INF3RN0Posted 4/19/2013 8:08:03 AM(edited)
Right now I have the original onyx 3DS from launch. Yesterday I preordered the Animal Crossing edition XL and I'm wondering would I be able to transfer all of my stuff to the new one? Even my ambassador games and whatnot?
---
XBL GT: iiFaLCoN PAWNCH
PSN: iiFaLCoN_PAWNCH
#2SlimeStackPosted 4/19/2013 8:06:43 AM
That is the point of the transfer system, so yes.
---
Moo
#3Binba442Posted 4/19/2013 8:07:06 AM
You can transfer everything, from saves, to streetpass data to games. Yes you will still be an ambassador.
#4MAST3R_INF3RN0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:07:29 AM
SlimeStack posted...
That is the point of the transfer system, so yes.

I know but I wanted to make sure the ambassador games would transfer too because it was a one-time thing.
---
XBL GT: iiFaLCoN PAWNCH
PSN: iiFaLCoN_PAWNCH
#5Gavin_RozeePosted 4/19/2013 10:37:43 AM
What I want to know is, after doing the transfer, all of your old downloads will be on the new one, but will it "overwrite" the preinstalled Animal Crossing?
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
#6SlimeStackPosted 4/19/2013 10:38:33 AM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
What I want to know is, after doing the transfer, all of your old downloads will be on the new one, but will it "overwrite" the preinstalled Animal Crossing?

The two eShop accounts will merge, so you'll have the games from both systems in one.
---
Moo
#7thedicemasterPosted 4/19/2013 10:41:13 AM(edited)
after the transfer you need to swap the memory cards, and redownload(for free) the pre-installed game(s).
#8Gavin_RozeePosted 4/19/2013 11:34:28 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Gavin_Rozee posted...

The two eShop accounts will merge, so you'll have the games from both systems in one.

Can you do this with any 3DS's? Like say I had a 3DS with a bunch of VC games on, and another 3DS with a bunch of Ambassador games on, could I transfer from one to the other and have all those VC games AND the Ambassador games merged into one eShop "account"/3DS system?
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
#9SlimeStackPosted 4/19/2013 11:36:00 AM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
SlimeStack posted...
Gavin_Rozee posted...

Can you do this with any 3DS's? Like say I had a 3DS with a bunch of VC games on, and another 3DS with a bunch of Ambassador games on, could I transfer from one to the other and have all those VC games AND the Ambassador games merged into one eShop "account"/3DS system?

Possibly? I've never done it, I'm just going with what I read on the site.
---
Moo
#10PlaysaverPosted 4/19/2013 2:47:51 PM
Yes everything transfers. Any thing on the new d3s will require redownloading.
A good tip for you now is if your going to be wanting a bigger memory card, get one now.
Don't try to use the one that will come with the new d3s. Just get that 32 gig one you really want now.
Then you'd make a folder on your pc to hold what is on your old memory card. (This is done with a memory card reader. If you don't have one built into your pc get one that can plug into a usb port and use that.)
Copy what is on the 3ds memory card to that folder.
Eject the memory card and remove it when the copying is done.
Put in new memory card.
Copy everything that is in the new folder you made on the pc to the new blank memory card. Make sure your not copying the new folder, but only what is in the new folder.
When copying is done eject and remove that memory card and test it in your 3ds.
If your download 3ds stuff shows up you copied it correctly. (Don't confuse any dsi downloads with 3ds downloads. Dsi downloads show up with no memory card in the 3ds, since they are stored in the 3ds internal memory. 3ds downloads are stored on the memory card.)
This can take some practice for some people to do right and doing it when your gonna transfer to another 3ds is a disaster waiting to happen.
So get that new memory card now and get stuff copied to your new bigger memory card correctly before you even think about transfering to a new 3ds.
Then when you get a new 3ds do the transfer slowly and pay attention to what the screens are telling you. When the transfer is done correctly the memory card from the old 3ds will be the one that ends up in your new 3ds with all your games and downloads in place.