Totally want a decent Castlevania

#1NekoSushiRiotPosted 4/19/2013 11:22:44 PM
The DS has three amazing 2D Castlevania titles. After playing MoF, I can't say that I am all that impressed ): But I know you all agree. Sure, MoF isn't a bad game, but its not a good one either. I would surely not qualify it as a good Castlevania title. Even Judgement got more hours out of me, and that game is.. heehee.. yeah.

I would love to see Symphony of the Night 3D happen. Couple of reasons why. It seems to be that OoT of the Castlevania series and it would look beautiful on the 3DS as well. Many people would just say "buy a playstation already" but a portable version of this needs to happen eventually and this specific title has yet to appear on a Nintendo system. Its hard to count Dracula X chronicles on PSP with the new dubbed voices. (Heehee, see what I did there?)
---
Currently Playing: Sin & Punishment SS, Fire Emblem Awakening
#2UFOLochePosted 4/20/2013 12:33:07 AM
NekoSushiRiot posted...
The DS has three amazing 2D Castlevania titles. After playing MoF, I can't say that I am all that impressed ): But I know you all agree. Sure, MoF isn't a bad game, but its not a good one either. I would surely not qualify it as a good Castlevania title. Even Judgement got more hours out of me, and that game is.. heehee.. yeah.

I would love to see Symphony of the Night 3D happen. Couple of reasons why. It seems to be that OoT of the Castlevania series and it would look beautiful on the 3DS as well. Many people would just say "buy a playstation already" but a portable version of this needs to happen eventually and this specific title has yet to appear on a Nintendo system. Its hard to count Dracula X chronicles on PSP with the new dubbed voices. (Heehee, see what I did there?)

The thing is, Judgement is multiplayer and it's just a casual as all hell fighting game. In those regards, I honestly don't think it's that bad.

As for SotN 3D, I REALLY doubt that would ever happen, sounds nice, but I really doubt it. Along with that, if they DID remake SotN, they'd either get all new voice actors or use Dracula X Chronicles if the contract is still active. Along with that, why would Dracula X Chronicles not count? It's SotN, it's on the PSP, whether y'like the voice acting(Which is better in my personal opinion although I still hold a soft spot to the old voice acting) or not is irrelevant.

Personally, I'd love a new Castlevania in the style of Harmony of Despair. More maps, characters, make things less of a BS grind, add in some online & wireless play and you'd have a golden title, even if it was only 4-player.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#3The_Hungry_OnePosted 4/20/2013 12:51:37 AM
Are there no Castlevania games on DS through e-shop? I wouldn't mind getting a classic Castlevania game for my 3DS because I've seen my friends play HoD and SoTN and they look much fun.
---
Sorry, did that hurt? That "sorry" was sarcasm. I am not sorry.
#4WiiareVenomPosted 4/20/2013 12:56:24 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Are there no Castlevania games on DS through e-shop? I wouldn't mind getting a classic Castlevania game for my 3DS because I've seen my friends play HoD and SoTN and they look much fun.

The original, and Adventure.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#5UFOLochePosted 4/20/2013 1:02:21 AM(edited)
The_Hungry_One posted...

I've clocked 100+ hours on Harmony of Despair(If that's what you mean, there's two Castlevania titles with HoD. Harmony of Despair is the one with all the main Castlevania characters in a 6-player online co-op runthrough, and Harmony of Dissonance is the old GBA game with Juste Belmont(Who..wasn't in Harmony of Despair...am I the only one who feels like they missed something with that?)). Lemme tell ya, the game is grindy, REALLY grindy(Especially if you main Soma Cruz or Alucard.), but if you get past the grind, my god, it's one of the best games on the PS3 and 360 and I'd really recommend you get it. Just make sure to get the DLC because it does add a MASSIVE amount of replay value to the game(New characters and stages. There's also music packs which I bought but you don't really need them).

As for the e-shop, I don't think there are ANY DS games on the e-shop, only DSi digital titles and some 3DS games. I haven't played Mirror of Fate so I can't give you my opinion on it although I've heard it's crap(Do your research though and try the game yourself if you can, y'never know, y'might like it!). But I can heavily recommend all of the original DS Castlevania titles: Dawn of Sorrow(Sequel to Aria of Sorrow on the GBA but you don't necessarily have to play that, just know that (MAJOR spoilers for Aria of Sorrow) Soma Cruz is the reincarnation of Dracula ), Portrait of Ruin(If I remember, this one actually has co-op, 2 players), and Order of Ecclesia(In my opinion the weakest, but it's still a VERY good game). They're probly cheap nowadays and you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night is only on the PSX, PSN(Original PSX title), Sega Saturn(Good luck getting that), and the PSP as a add-on to Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, a remake of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the PC Engine (Which is also included in Dracula X Chronicles along with some minigame I've never played).

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helped.

EDIT:Wiiare is right, I neglected the actual virtual console games, my bad. Also, there's a remake of Castlevania: The Adventure on the Wii's E-Shop and that one is REALLY good(There's also one of Blaster Master if you liked that game). I'd recommend you check them out. Sorry for forgetting.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#6bartz90Posted 4/20/2013 4:01:50 AM
UFOLoche posted...
NekoSushiRiot posted...

The thing is, Judgement is multiplayer and it's just a casual as all hell fighting game. In those regards, I honestly don't think it's that bad.

As for SotN 3D, I REALLY doubt that would ever happen, sounds nice, but I really doubt it. Along with that, if they DID remake SotN, they'd either get all new voice actors or use Dracula X Chronicles if the contract is still active. Along with that, why would Dracula X Chronicles not count? It's SotN, it's on the PSP, whether y'like the voice acting(Which is better in my personal opinion although I still hold a soft spot to the old voice acting) or not is irrelevant.

Personally, I'd love a new Castlevania in the style of Harmony of Despair. More maps, characters, make things less of a BS grind, add in some online & wireless play and you'd have a golden title, even if it was only 4-player.

Not to mention you can buy the original SotN on PSN and play it solo on PSP and Vita.

I do agree with the TC though that MoF is lackluster, especially compared to the three DS games.
---
-
#7deimos91Posted 4/20/2013 6:26:51 AM
NekoSushiRiot posted...

We have one unless your one of those trolls who get made because it is not metroidvania get over it
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#8GhetsisPosted 4/20/2013 6:36:33 AM
3DS already has the greatest Castlevania ever, the original.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?