Square Enix makes it very clear they're not changing the title for BDFF ...

#21AmakusaPosted 4/20/2013 1:07:19 PM
megamachopop posted...
Human-Bean posted...
MetalKirbyPlush posted...
Square Enix has been known for their weird naming anyways like KH 358/2 Days.

Why didn't they simplify the fraction to 179 Days, even numbers are always divisible by two

Because it's technically supposed to be 358 and a half days, not 358 over 2 days.

That's not the impression I get when people say the title out-loud.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#22abbyhitterPosted 4/20/2013 1:54:09 PM
Human-Bean posted...

Why didn't they simplify the fraction to 179 Days, even numbers are always divisible by two

Roxas lived for 358 days while with the Organization. The "2" stands for Roxas and Xion.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#23G1ingyPosted 4/20/2013 2:05:24 PM(edited)
kalvador posted...
In the end, who cares about the name of the game? What's important is the gameplay.

A name does matter. If it really didn't matter, then you wouldn't mind having a message like "kalvador has been playing Pedo-Master Child-Snatcher!" in your spotpass would you?

Not to mention, removing Flying Fairy portion only serves to cater to the demands of homophobes anyways. Why remove it just because of them?
#24Hirokey123Posted 4/20/2013 2:09:19 PM
abbyhitter posted...
Human-Bean posted...

Roxas lived for 358 days while with the Organization. The "2" stands for Roxas and Xion.

This

It's not a math equation it means "358 days through the eyes of two" and who the two are is up to interpretation. It isn't just Roxas and Xion it's actually a number of people duos. Nomura had one particular in mind that he didn't say but alluded to but it's kinda clear now which one he was alluding to.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#25_Candice_Posted 4/20/2013 2:12:04 PM
Mottman posted...
I'm glad.

Whatever you think about Bravely Default's awkward name, the last thing it needs is to be associated with that hot mess that the Final Fantasy franchise has become over the last five years. Plus, it doesn't need to be associated with any existing series regardless. Let the game sink or swim on its own merits.

This. I think having an FF label would actually discourage me from getting the game.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#26Black_AssassinPosted 4/20/2013 2:21:32 PM
ACx7 posted...
Why would anyone expect them to?

Because localizing companies change game and character names for zero reasons all the time.
---
lowercase
#27MDS2005Posted 4/20/2013 2:24:21 PM
ARsignal11 posted...
DishSoap posted...
Galaxy_Nova posted...
ACx7 posted...

This.

That

Those.
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#28keyblader1985Posted 4/20/2013 3:25:55 PM
Whether you like the name or not, I think most people can agree that it should at least be able to stand on its own without being tied by name to another series. Imagine if they decided to call the other series "Kingdom Hearts: Final Fantasy Worlds" or something. Just let it be its own IP.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#29Klon_RedfieldPosted 4/20/2013 3:32:14 PM
MDS2005 posted...
ARsignal11 posted...
DishSoap posted...
Galaxy_Nova posted...
ACx7 posted...

This.

That

Those.

---
Playing: Legend of Heroes: Trials in the Sky (PSP), Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
#30ZhacariasPosted 4/20/2013 3:34:41 PM
Sooo they'd rather make things even more confusing? BD:FF is the sequel to Final Fantasy: The 4 Warriors of Light. May as well keep it going.