Post a game you just beat and your thoughts on that game.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Post a game you just beat and your thoughts on that game.
2 years ago#1
I figured since I just beat Paper Mario: Sticker Star, I want to share my opinion on it and couldn't find a way other than to do a topic like this.

It's simple, just name a game you beat recently or the last game you beat and then share your thoughts on the game with any tips or recommendations.

So as I was saying, just beat paper Mario: Sticker Star and I have mixed feelings on it. Seeing all the hate being thrown at the game, I ignored that and went on to experience it myself and I have to say they do get a lot right, but at the same time get things wrong.

Playing through it was fun, as you get to explore many different varieties of levels with different puzzles to solve. Though some puzzles feel a bit unfair and can be very specific at times, the better ones outweigh the bad ones. Some levels can range in different gameplay mechanics that give a fun twist rather than sticking to the run around and jump all the time. I can say I didnt have any problems with the builds of levels that much, and just about most of them had a unique run through them, not many felt the same.

As for battling and the sticker system, this is where things can get out of hand. Stickers was a really good idea, but felt it was built the wrong way. In many scenarios I felt I had to be careful with which stickers to exhaust not knowing what lies ahead that it could be important for. And I found it almost useless to fight enemies because there was literally no reward besides coins which didn't help stack ontop of the 3000 I already have. As for bosses, this is where the game kinda kicks you when your down. The game forces you to either fight your way through the boss the hard way, or you could fight it using very specific thing stickers to make the battle super easy. Now, in other paper mario games, the game was smart enough to make it fair either way. For example, Ill use hook tail. If the play is smart, and pays attention, they learn that cricket noises help weaken the boss, thus rewarding the player and have an easier experience. If they don't know this, they can still make it through the battle, but they need to bring their A game if they want to make it through. In this game you have to bring more than your A game if you choose not to use thing stickers, which I felt that the game was cheating me and trying to lead me in a specific path.

I don't really want to make a bigger wall of text than I already have so I'll just end it there. overall I'd say Paper Mario is a good game with faults, but I'd give it a 6.5 ish, close to a 7. If you want a bit of a challenge, and have nothing to lose, I'd atleast try the game out. From what I've seen it varies for most people. Paper mario veterans tend not to like it while new comers frequently like it. Also I beat it roughly around 18-19 hours, without 100% of everything.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699 Steam: chocolatethundr5
2 years ago#2
This needs to be a review, if it's not already.

Now then, I did love the way the game was unique, and all of its humor, but I also had similar troubles that you did, and I find myself hoarding all the shinies. The music, is absoulutely top notch from beginning to end, and that alone makes it worth picking up, every once in awhile, to play a few chapters, then go to other games again.

In the end though, it just makes me miss Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. hahaha, it's certainly a decent game, but not the best by most means.
---
For those buying EarthBound: Take the survey, and mention that you want EarthBound 0 and Mother 3 in your country! (This also applies to Majora's Mask.)
2 years ago#3
I just beat TALES OF THE ABYSS and I really enjoyed the game. The story starts out really slow but crazily takes off around the 13 hour mark. The battle system is fun and engaging and I highly recommend it to any RPG fan. The story just to complete it takes 45 hours.
---
Intel i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz | GTX 550 Ti | OCZ Agility 256GB SSD / 12GB RAM | 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | 750GB Hitachi | Asus P8B75-V
GameFAQS all day everyday
2 years ago#4
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

It was great.
---
Former WWE Diva and BJJ Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT |
2 years ago#5
Last game I beat was Tales of Hearts for DS, and it was great.

Last 3DS game I beat was a couple of weeks ago when I beat Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. It's now my second-favorite Layton game (only behind Unwound Future) as the dialogue between Layton, Luke, and Emmy was enjoyable (man, I wish they'd created Emmy before the prequels) and the puzzles seemed to have a heavier dose of logic puzzles than usual, which are my favorite kind. Plus, it was fun to visit Layton's childhood. I'd give it somewhere in the range of 8.5-to-9/10 for a score.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
2 years ago#6
Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I was on the final boss 2 years ago and I got discouraged and quit playing for said amount of time. A week ago I decided to train and beat the final boss.

I really loved this game, not as much as the GBA game, however.
---
Black 2 FC: 4556-8058-7693
2 years ago#7
Persona 3. I really never thought anything of it until I started Persona 3 FES. I seriously wanted to cry
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
2 years ago#8
Time to add my afterthoughts now. :D I've recently beaten Fire Emblem: Awakening.

This game has so much customization to your characters, that you could compare it to the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games. You can also get your characters married in many cases, and their children will join your cause, with a few skills you've learned as well! It is certainly a good game for beginners to the series to pick up, and learn the mechanics of it. I'll eventually go to a higher difficulty, or even off to classic mode, since it's got quite a bit of replayabilty for me.
---
For those buying EarthBound: Take the survey, and mention that you want EarthBound 0 and Mother 3 in your country! (This also applies to Majora's Mask.)
2 years ago#9
snacktimeguy posted...
Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I was on the final boss 2 years ago and I got discouraged and quit playing for said amount of time. A week ago I decided to train and beat the final boss.

I really loved this game, not as much as the GBA game, however.

I hate myself for not beating that game. Yea, I got to the final boss and stopped because I wasn't strong enough. One day I will journey back to it and finally beat it.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699 Steam: chocolatethundr5
2 years ago#10
DarthFrozanous posted...
I just beat TALES OF THE ABYSS and I really enjoyed the game. The story starts out really slow but crazily takes off around the 13 hour mark. The battle system is fun and engaging and I highly recommend it to any RPG fan. The story just to complete it takes 45 hours.

Everyone who has ever played TOA has said this EXACT same thing. Exact to the minute. Why is it so slow?
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Post a game you just beat and your thoughts on that game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived