3DS Worth It?

#1TohruAdachiPosted 4/20/2013 2:12:36 PM
I'm highly skeptical of buying the 3DS XL (Pink...),but recently there has been a lot of games I've been dying to want to play,Shin Megami Tensei,Kingdom Hearts,Pokemon X and Y,Animal Crossing: New Leaf,but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I really want to play the new Super Smash Bros but not sure if there will even be a 3DS port for it,and I don't know much good games that I would want to buy other than the ones listed above and Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time,any good games on the 3DS that might convince me to buy the 3DS?
#2IAznDragonI YanPosted 4/20/2013 2:14:27 PM
if you can think of 5 currently released games that you want to play and you have more games in mind that will come out in the future, of course it's worth it.
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#3KurizakaPosted 4/20/2013 2:14:29 PM
There will be a Smash Bros for 3DS. Just from the small list you made yourself, that you're dying to play, I think that makes the system worth it. There are plenty of great games already on the system and more to come.
#4TohruAdachi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:16:46 PM
I don't mind playing any currently released games,but I never was an extreme Nintendo person,I only played Zelda,Mario,Super Smash Bros... I heard Fire Emblem is great,I wanna try Earthbound but not sure if it's for the 3DS
#5KurizakaPosted 4/20/2013 2:17:36 PM
TohruAdachi posted...
I don't mind playing any currently released games,but I never was an extreme Nintendo person,I only played Zelda,Mario,Super Smash Bros... I heard Fire Emblem is great,I wanna try Earthbound but not sure if it's for the 3DS

Earthbound has been announced for Wii U. And Fire Emblem is indeed a great game.
#6TohruAdachi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:18:43 PM
Kurizaka posted...
TohruAdachi posted...

Earthbound has been announced for Wii U. And Fire Emblem is indeed a great game.

Yeah thought so... Well to be honest,my real fear is if it's more worth it to get Wii U or 3DS... Since I'm not sure what type of games either get =.=
#7KurizakaPosted 4/20/2013 2:53:06 PM
TohruAdachi posted...
Kurizaka posted...
TohruAdachi posted...

Yeah thought so... Well to be honest,my real fear is if it's more worth it to get Wii U or 3DS... Since I'm not sure what type of games either get =.=

Well, 3DS can play DS games and Wii U can play Wii games. I recommend skimming through all the games on the site, maybe even by genre. It may take awhile, but it will give you an idea of what system is good for you. At this moment? I'd say the 3DS is worth it over the Wii U. Don't get me wrong, I like my Wii U but there's just more offered on the 3DS.
#8Furikuri_flclPosted 4/20/2013 2:59:28 PM
It's currently more worth it than the consoles.

The only thing I would consider a better investment is a decent PC.
---
Now Playing: Picdun, Xenoblade Chronicles, Luminous Arc 2, Virtue's Last Reward.
#9metalXgearPosted 4/20/2013 3:01:49 PM
Yes, it's more than just worth it
---
Wii Console: 0917 6760 4711 4172
Wii nick name: Luis
#10TohruAdachi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 3:26:58 PM
Thanks for the reply guys,I think I'm pretty solid on getting a 3DS now! My only question is how online works. I read that you have to be in the same room to play online =.=,I was really hoping I could play online Pokemon with people... Also another question about online if it isn't like the one I was just talking about, will it be like PS Vita to the PS3 where for example Playstation Battle Royale you can play online with PS3 people even though you have a Vita.