Finally wanting to get a 3DS, what kind should I get?

#1XImperialDragonPosted 4/20/2013 4:24:19 PM
I know that there's already at least two models of 3DS available, a normal sized one and one that's larger. I've given up on finding a Pikachu version and am now just trying to find an interesting looking one (I imported a gold PSP and a dark blue DS Lite last time 'round, I did find a Fire Emblem themed 3DSXL though). But, I do have some questions before I jump in:

Are 3DSes region locked?
Should I invest in a circle pad attachment (or is there one 3DS that has the circle pad attached that I wasn't aware of)?
Are there any good after market styluses that people enjoy using or is the normal stylus the right fit, now?
I haven't actually held a 3DSXL, but I'm imagining I should be able to fit it into my old fat DS cases (which could fit a first iteration DS, or a DS Lite with a aluminum Capdase case on it). If it doesn't fit, what would be a good case?
Good screen protector brand?

The list of games I'm looking into are as follows:

Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, New Super Mario 2, The Shin Megami Tensei games, Code of Princess, Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, Kingdom Hearts, Zero Escape and obviously the upcoming games like Link to the Past 2 and Bravely Default. That's obviously a lot of them but I'll only be grabbing one or two a paycheck, lol. Anything else I should look out for (never end a sentence on a preposition with)?

I appreciate the help
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#2Jacob46719Posted 4/20/2013 8:23:34 PM
Get XL unless you want it in black and smaller.
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Littlebigplanet 2, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2
#3Arceus789Posted 4/21/2013 12:04:54 AM
I'd say get XL if it's your first 3ds but it's completly your choice.
---
Hi! I'm actually jacka123 but I now have 2 accounts. And I think this username is better.
#4XImperialDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 3:36:35 PM
Okay, well, I'll get a 3DSXL then. Is there any particular reason to get a circle pad attachment for it outside of maybe Resident Evil Revelations?
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#5Dr4G0nZPosted 4/21/2013 3:39:36 PM
XImperialDragon posted...
Okay, well, I'll get a 3DSXL then. Is there any particular reason to get a circle pad attachment for it outside of maybe Resident Evil Revelations?

In a sense, it's really the only way to play Snake Eater. You can also get it for Dream Drop Distance, but it's unnecessary. Most games are built around not using the CPP.
---
Intel i5-3470 || Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 || 8GB GDDR3
#6elbarto1Posted 4/21/2013 3:42:59 PM
Circle pad only works on a few games that support it. Kingdom hearts. Monster hunter. Kid Icarus. Resident evil.

XL is awesome. I had older DS handhelds and never cared. 3DSXL is a great size and plays great.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#7EkaruPosted 4/21/2013 3:45:32 PM
The 3DS is region-locked. The CPP should only be bought if you feel that it will improve your experience with certain games. Go for the 3DS XL. Hori screen protectors are excellent but make sure to look up the instructions on Youtube first so you know exactly what to do. Oh, and wrap the applicator card in a cloth first so you don't scratch your screen when getting rid of the bubbles.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7685-5267
PM me if you wanna play a match with me in Mario Tennis Open.
#8anonymousickoPosted 4/21/2013 3:51:33 PM
I recommend Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time as your first game. A great game to start with