Technically it's a Link's Awakening sequel...

#21Super SlashPosted 4/20/2013 9:53:55 PM
micfolio posted...
Luigi4President posted...
How do we know it's not a prequel? Did I miss something? Besides, ALTTP was really left finished, or at least it seemed that way to me. Triforce get, and Hyrule saved. What else could be done in a sequel in the same world?

I find it amusing that you didn't want to spoil a game that's over 2 decades old.

The age of a game doesn't matter, spoilers are still spoilers.
#22micfolioPosted 4/20/2013 9:59:37 PM
I really doubt there's anybody reading this topic that doesn't know what happens in A Link to the Past.
---
GT: Johnny Pott
PSN: Johnny_Pott
#23Super SlashPosted 4/20/2013 10:04:14 PM
What I said still applies though. I don't get why people think spoilers become invalidated because a game/movie/show is old.
#24micfolioPosted 4/20/2013 10:07:41 PM
It's just a silly thing to worry about. People take this sort of thing way to seriously. I find it humorous. That's all I said. I didn't say it was wrong or he/she shouldn't have done it.
---
#25EndgamePosted 4/20/2013 10:12:33 PM
err, isn't Link's Awakening supposed to happen during the middle of Adventures of Link? when you first get on the "raft" (in AoL, but retconned to be a ship) to get from West Hyrule to East Hyrule, the storm happens, blah blah blah, then Link gets out of the Wind Fish's dream then proceeds to East Hyrule to finish the quest? or did the Historia retcon that?

I recall LA's instruction manual even mentioning Ganon's ashes, and AoL about Link trying to get the third Triforce while Ganon's minions try to kill Link so they can sprinkle his blood on Ganon's ashes and revive him (yes, really, that's the story AoL's instruction booklet gave us! and people thought Nintendo was kiddy..... it's also why Ganon returns in the Game Over screen)
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#26Melkac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 10:13:47 PM
Super Slash posted...
micfolio posted...
Luigi4President posted...
How do we know it's not a prequel? Did I miss something? Besides, ALTTP was really left finished, or at least it seemed that way to me. Triforce get, and Hyrule saved. What else could be done in a sequel in the same world?

I find it amusing that you didn't want to spoil a game that's over 2 decades old.

The age of a game doesn't matter, spoilers are still spoilers.

Sure, "Link gets the triforce and Hyrule is saved" are so spoilery.

micfolio posted...
I really doubt there's anybody reading this topic that doesn't know what happens in A Link to the Past.

Same here.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#27micfolioPosted 4/20/2013 10:18:15 PM
Melkac posted...

Dang it dude! Now there's no reason for me to play that game.
---
#28Super SlashPosted 4/20/2013 10:19:17 PM
Melkac posted...

The former *is* a spoiler. How is it not?
#29micfolioPosted 4/20/2013 10:23:03 PM
Here's a spoiler

At the end of Super Mario Brothers level 1-4 It turns out the princess is in another castle.
---
#30Super SlashPosted 4/20/2013 10:24:06 PM
You already acknowledged that you know what I mean, there's no reason to be a douchebag >_>