As a non-Mario fan I feel like Im left out

#1MishimaBloodPosted 4/20/2013 8:41:43 PM
Im not hating, but I just dont like the fact that Nintendo focuses more on Mario games other than giving us some games from their other franchises. I just think this is unfair. Id trade any of the Paper Mario, Super Mario Bros, 3D land Mario, Dream team, Mario kart, Golf Mario etc with a Metroid or a Golden Sun game. Or maybe a new IP? Just something else besides Mario or Mario related games(that includes Yoshi and Luigi)
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#2EngineR2Posted 4/20/2013 9:17:18 PM
You aren't the only one. I'm a huge Mario fan, but he definitely needs a little break. The game quality has been slipping a bit, and I think the problem could partially be from this. The only game near the expected high-quality status, in my opinion, is Super Mario 3D Land.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#3bsp77Posted 4/20/2013 9:19:41 PM
You really need to play Luigi's Mansion, regardless of any anti-Mario feelings you have.
#41upsuperPosted 4/20/2013 9:21:05 PM
Play third-party games while you wait, then. My favorite 3DS games are all third-party, sans Kid Icarus: Uprising.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#5RPGNinja123Posted 4/20/2013 9:29:10 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
Im not hating, but I just dont like the fact that Nintendo focuses more on Mario games other than giving us some games from their other franchises. I just think this is unfair. Id trade any of the Paper Mario, Super Mario Bros, 3D land Mario, Dream team, Mario kart, Golf Mario etc with a Metroid or a Golden Sun game. Or maybe a new IP? Just something else besides Mario or Mario related games(that includes Yoshi and Luigi)

Fire Emblem

SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked

SMT: Soul Hackers

All say Hi.
---
It's a beautiful time to be a 3DS owner.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#6micfolioPosted 4/20/2013 9:30:20 PM
I love Mario and I'm really glad Nintendo gives him the support he deserves. It Sega would treat Sonic the way Mario is treated we'd have some great games. Or even if Capcom would do anything at all with Megaman that would be GREAT.
---
GT: Johnny Pott
PSN: Johnny_Pott
#7lunchEATSyouPosted 4/20/2013 9:43:47 PM
Hmm... I have bought 16 3DS games and only 2 of them are Mario games...... I guess my other 14 games don't exist -_-
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#8DarthFloatyPosted 4/20/2013 10:07:54 PM
I find it surprising that somebody wouldn't find ANY of the upcoming Mario games enjoyable. However, I respect the opinion and I can feel the pain. Nintendo really should, IMO, try to balance releases out a bit more when possible.
#9jovewolfPosted 4/20/2013 10:14:06 PM
Non-Mario Nintendo published 3DS games:

Retail
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Style Savvy: Trendsetters
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Pilotwings Resort
Steel Diver

Download Only
Pushmo
Crashmo
Sakura Samurai
Harmoknight
Dillon's Rolling Western
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
Tokyo Crash Mobs
Fluidity: Spin Cycle

And that's being conservative by only counting games published in all regions by Nintendo and ignoring the ports of Ocarina and SF64 and even then probably missing a few.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#10MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 10:46:43 PM
bsp77 posted...
You really need to play Luigi's Mansion, regardless of any anti-Mario feelings you have.

I played the first one on GC. It was enjoying, but thats not my point
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle