Is Bomberman officially dead?

#1kaliskonigPosted 4/21/2013 6:34:00 PM
I remember there was supposed to be a Bomberman on 3DS that looked like the awesome N64 Bomberman games but it got caned when ?Hudson? canceled a bunch of games. Just wondering if there has been any hint at a new entry in this franchise. The most recent games that come to mind are the Live games from 3 years back.
#2Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 4/21/2013 6:38:03 PM
There was this one bomberman game for the xbox 360... Im pretty sure that game is the reason the series hasn't gotton a new game for years.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#3kaliskonig(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 6:39:55 PM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
There was this one bomberman game for the xbox 360... Im pretty sure that game is the reason the series hasn't gotton a new game for years.

UGH you must mean Bomberman Zero. I try not to remember that one and yeah you have a point.
#4Silver LegendPosted 4/21/2013 6:56:39 PM
The U.S. branch of Hudson closed down a while ago which pretty much means we won't be getting any new bomberman games since they were responsible for bringing those games over to North America. From what I remember, Konami now owns the rest of Hudson so it's up to them whether or not a new Bomberman game gets made.

http://kotaku.com/5755273/hudson-us-shutting-down-bloody-roar-revival-not-happening
---
A hero dies, but a legend lives on forever
#5NeonYoshi11Posted 4/21/2013 7:35:56 PM
Bomberman as a series needs to go back to the Bomberman 64 style......which is really an off-shoot of the Mario 64 Style, which everybody abandoned for absolutely no reason at all.
#6Argh4430Posted 4/21/2013 8:32:59 PM
He makes an appearance in Tetris Axis! But yeah, bummer. I was a big Bomberman fan, well Super Bomberman fan anyway.
#7themegaman7Posted 4/21/2013 9:11:24 PM
I would like a decent way to play Bomberman 64. Pretty cool gaming with a really good soundtrack.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#8Lord_FroodPosted 4/21/2013 9:16:29 PM
kaliskonig posted...

UGH you must mean Bomberman Zero. I try not to remember that one and yeah you have a point.

There were other Bomberman games after Zero.

I loved Jetters and Generation on the GameCube. Those games were badass.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#9teh1337gosuPosted 4/21/2013 9:29:41 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
kaliskonig posted...

Bomber man Generation was even better than Jetters.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#10PhoenixRushPosted 4/21/2013 9:59:14 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
kaliskonig posted...

Ah yeah, the Gamecube games are amazing.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo