Nintendo customer service says Nintendo won't replace lost/stolen digital games

#1Rurouni720Posted 4/21/2013 6:20:03 PM
We all know that 3DS eShop games and Virtual Console content is tied to a system, rather than a user account. What happens if you have your 3DS stolen or it gets lost? Too bad, says the Big N.

Thank you for writing. I'll be happy to answer your questions regarding virtual content on the Nintendo 3DS. All virtual content downloaded on the Nintendo 3DS is tied to the system itself. As our warranty doesn't cover lost or stolen game cards and systems, if this were to happen regardless of your games being virtual or you owning the physical copies, they would not be covered for replacement.

This is why we need accounts that are tied to the 3DS and keep track of the digital content you buy. If your portable does get stolen, get ready to kiss hundreds of dollars goodbye.

http://gonintendo.com/

-_-.......

NoA need to get kicked in the nuts hard and slapped by NoJ (provided when THEY THEMSELVES get off their asses and make an account system for the 3DS like the Wii U's even if that one's incomplete currently).
#2OoSubaruoOPosted 4/21/2013 6:22:09 PM
Isn't the ID system for the Wii U, being incorporated for the 3DS as well?
#3wufei8706Posted 4/21/2013 6:23:30 PM
Which is why I still buy physical copies of games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z9ZcFt6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TjWlxSW.png
#4Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 6:24:19 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...

I think so, can't remember if it was the case aside from communities and the fact that the Mii verse is coming over to the 3DS soon.
#5_OdarpPosted 4/21/2013 6:25:22 PM
I had my 3DS stolen and I got my games and ambassador status restored to a new 3DS and I live in Mexico, I just contacted Nintendo of America via their website, so please don't lie.
---
If I was Rick Astley I would randomly Rick Roll people in the street. Total ownage.
PSN: Pratypus
#6bcorneliaPosted 4/21/2013 6:26:28 PM
You can always ask though. Hasn't this happened before?
---
This is an elite pirate
#790sRetroGamingPosted 4/21/2013 6:28:45 PM
And the defense force is slowly on the way...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT & CAG/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#8OoSubaruoOPosted 4/21/2013 6:29:47 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

I think so, can't remember if it was the case aside from communities and the fact that the Mii verse is coming over to the 3DS soon.

Pretty sure they would add the ID system as well. Once they do, you'll see less complaints about their online hopefully.
#9klim28Posted 4/21/2013 6:33:35 PM
Do you get compensated if you get robbed with your physical game collection? Would Nintendo replace your lost carts. I can't see why would they give you another copy physically or digitally if you lost/misplaced them.
---
US caloyzki 2466-1456-4166 Monster Hunter Ultimate / Harvest Moon A New Beginning
JP caloykoy 4554-1003-6906 Monster Hunter 3G / New Super Mario Brothers 2
#10jovewolfPosted 4/21/2013 6:34:46 PM
Ironically I've had more physical games lost and/or stolen than I've had systems and they're right - they didn't replace those for me.

While this is a blanket statement, I wouldn't be surprised if some users were able to get their games restored on a case by case basis (assuming they still had the serial number and a few other things) as long as they made a big enough stink over it. Especially since credit card information can now be saved on 3DS systems.

An account system would still help, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to phone nintendo support about it anyway even if/when it does get implemented.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."