Pika's Poll #1 Do you always make your characters the same sex as yourself?

#1pikachupwnagePosted 4/21/2013 8:07:52 PM
Pika's Poll #1 Do you make your characters the same gender as yourself? - Results (147 votes)
Yes always.
21.09% (31 votes)
Yes most the time
33.33% (49 votes)
Whichever I like best for the particular game
34.69% (51 votes)
No usually don't
7.48% (11 votes)
No never
2.04% (3 votes)
Other
1.36% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Whichever I like best.
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#2poopfeasts420Posted 4/21/2013 8:09:13 PM
For some reason I always like to make girl characters (I'm a boy)
I was actually really upset in Harvest Moon: A New Beginning that I couldn't marry other girls
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#3bcorneliaPosted 4/21/2013 8:16:12 PM
Yes, always. I'm a dude and damn proud of it.
---
This is an elite pirate
#4Kinneth123Posted 4/21/2013 8:39:43 PM
I made a female Character in an extra save in Fire Emblem: Awakening to fill up the Support Log, but that's about it.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#5nintendoggerPosted 4/21/2013 8:40:47 PM
I chose other because I wanted to answer "no" with nothing attached to it. That said, I do usually make my avatar a different race than I, if the choice is available.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning, and The Legend of the River King.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 4/21/2013 8:43:12 PM
nope perfer playing as girl
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpmWHJQef0
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#7mujihaPosted 4/21/2013 8:46:09 PM
>Naming a poll after yourself
#8themegaman7Posted 4/21/2013 8:59:13 PM
Most of the time though I can think of some expections.

- I can't stand Diamond/Pearl/Platinum male trainer, so I use the female one.
- I don't care for any of the male characters in Seiken Densetsu 3, so most of the time I use Lise as the hero.
- I will prolly end up choosing the female hero whenever I play decide to play Dragon Quest 4 and FE: Awakening again just to be different.
- In Resident Evil 1 I like Jill's campaign more than Chris's.
- In Saint's Row 3 I originally made a very fat and flashy mafia boss looking male character, but about halfway through the game I went to plastic surgeon and accidentally swapped his gender. I decided to roll with it for the rest of the game.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#9Merc123Posted 4/21/2013 9:12:05 PM
Most of the time yes i do.

For example games like Fallout, Dragon Age and Mass Effect i try to make my characters look a little like me, maybe not be me but resemble me. Like for Mass Effect i just imagined Shepard was a future descendant of my family.

Games like Pokemon where you are presented an Avatar i usually still pick male, unless the female character just looks way too cool or the male looks horribly lame.

Some games i go by character abilities though. Borderlands 1 and 2 for example i chose the Sirens since i thought they had the coolest powers out of the cast.
#10rahxephon122Posted 4/21/2013 9:36:28 PM
Always.
Even if I'm not allowed to "marry" a certain character because I chose the "wrong gender."
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!