Video game soundtracks that get you amped up?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Video game soundtracks that get you amped up?
3 years ago#31
I never work out to videogame tunes but this one makes me feel super boss.
3 years ago#32
Um, MY SIG?!

Although it IS a remix.
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
3 years ago#33
blazeUP12 posted...
Jet Set Radio

I believe the correct spelling is "Jet Set Raaaadioooooo!"
I ate a bear once, you know.
3 years ago#34
Black tide - Honest eyes

Technically not a video game soundtrack.. it was used in those awesome Street fighter v tekken trailers...

For a good calming video game soundtrack, Iisten to one of these
Aquaria - try ruins, open waters 2, traveller
Machinarium - try furnace, mr handagote
Final fantasy 12 - salikawood, eruyt village
3 years ago#35
ALL of the Ys Oath in Felghana Soundtrack. Seriously, I think there are like five dull tracks with the other forty or so being awesome rock like this
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Bethesda make poorly made shallow quantity over quality games.
3 years ago#36
All Ace Attorney cornered themes. Just so epic.

Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright:Justice for all
Phoenix Wright:Trials and Tribulations
Apollo Justice:Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney Investigations:
3 years ago#37
Just about any Mega Man soundtrack and just about any Touhou soundtrack, and maybe select songs from others (I've come to like the Final Fantasy 8 battle theme, for one). Note the difference between the best soundtrack and one that gets me amped up, though. Some of the best "fuels" include: - Final boss theme from Mega Man 5; I can't really say anything about this one...just listen. - Tengu Man's stage theme from Mega Man 8 (PlayStation version); very energetic music for a fun stage. - Boss theme from Mega Man 9; a good ominous yet upbeat boss theme. - Solar Man's stage theme from Mega Man 10 (Solar Inferno); one of my favorite Robot Master themes in the series. - First fortress stage theme from Mega Man X3; has a good rock sound to it. - Jet Stingray's stage theme from Mega Man X4; has a good driving force behind it. - Spiral Pegasus/The Skiver's stage theme from Mega Man X5; once again, I think the music speaks for itself. - Infinity Mijinion's stage theme from Mega Man X6; probably my favorite music in the series (in fact, by now I've listened to it too much). It has a feeling that even though some grave dangers are afoot, one can still conquer foes triumphantly. - Boss theme from Mega Man X8; my favorite boss music in the MMX series and probably in the entire Mega Man universe, great rock music. - Heat Genblem's stage music from Mega Man Zero 4 (Max Heat); another good rock-ish one. If Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga isn't enough proof that the GBA can produce great music, this game ought to be. - Doll Judgment (Stage 3 boss theme) from Touhou 7; just plain awesome. - Necrofantasia (Phantasm stage boss theme) from Touhou 7; frantic, fast-paced, and LOUD theme. It also works great for drowning out unwanted noise. - Gensokyo Millennium - History of the Moon (Stage 6A boss theme) from Touhou 8; has an epic feel to it, as if it could be used as part of the soundtrack for an important quest in a fantasy world or something. - Extend Ash ~ Hourai Victim (Extra stage theme) from Touhou 8; see above, but imagine the whole thing at nighttime. - The Bridge People No Longer Cross (Stage 2 theme) from Touhou 11; has a driving yet mysterious feel to it. Gotta love that marimba or whatever it is. - Chase theme from Crash Bandicoot 2; rather dramatic and somewhat long, with a good bass and percussion line. - Crocodile Cacophony (final boss theme) from Donkey Kong Country 2; pretty heavy and ominous, yet at a sufficiently moving tempo. - Final boss theme from Yoshi's Island; full of rocking guitars and crashing cymbals, probably the most adrenaline-fueled theme in 8/16-bit Mario games. - Patchouli Stage 5 theme from MegaMari; has a good dark-yet-upbeat feel to it that I like. Actually, any of the Patchouli stages except Stage 3 as well as Sakuya's stage theme would fit here, but for the sake of time, I'll just link this one.
3 years ago#38
Xenoblade boss battle music
When life gets you down, ANPAN SPARKING!!!
3 years ago#39
There's plenty, but these are the most memorable ones for me:

Rocket Knight Adventures boss theme

Metal Gear Solid 2 Yell Dead Cell (boss theme)

Lufia 2 Sinistral battle

And just for the hell of it... a remix of some FF6 songs:
Read the mania:
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
3 years ago#40
longlivemegaman posted...
Easily this... My childhood is engraved into this song.

Honorable mention goes to the Super Shredder boss music in T.M.N.T. IV: Turtles in Time.

Then you should love this one:

At least, I did. And I loved the original Shredder boss music.
Read the mania:
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Video game soundtracks that get you amped up?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived