Question about buying digitally over physical..

#1WickedSickJoshPosted 4/21/2013 11:57:57 PM
I plan on always buying physical games but with Animal Crossing coming out insight just buy that digitally. Reason is because it will be nice always have AC:NL on me without having to switch cartridges and whatnot. There's a few social games I have on my phone and I find they're better to play when I can just check on my town real quick then go back to my other games. But anyway, for my questions:

1. Do digitally downloaded games load faster or play better (framerate) than physical copies?

2. With a physical copy that has downloaded DLC, do I have to play that game on that specific 3DS I downloaded from or can I successfully play it from any 3DS system?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), WWE '13 (360), Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#2badboyPosted 4/22/2013 12:38:11 AM
Since there's no account system, all downloads are specific to the 3DS you downloaded them from. In case you get another device in the future and want to transfer the downloads, you can do a system transfer up to 5 times. There's a sticky topic about system transfers.
#3Nightblade XPosted 4/22/2013 1:57:15 AM
1. Do digitally downloaded games load faster or play better (framerate) than physical copies?

No. They play exactly the same.
---
sig
#4WickedSickJosh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:46:55 AM
Nightblade X posted...

No. They play exactly the same.

Okay. I guess that's not too bad since there's really not too much loading and whatnot on the cartridges.

badboy posted...
Since there's no account system, all downloads are specific to the 3DS you downloaded them from. In case you get another device in the future and want to transfer the downloads, you can do a system transfer up to 5 times. There's a sticky topic about system transfers.

So pretty much DLC is locked on the system and not the game cartridge itself? So hypothetically if I downloaded stuff for Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing I would only be able to access that while playing on my 3DS instead of playing it on my friends 3DS or so?
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), WWE '13 (360), Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#5GhetsisPosted 4/22/2013 7:53:02 AM
Correct.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?