Possible free game for European 3DS owners.

#21temgunPosted 4/22/2013 9:25:16 AM
Haku posted...
HeLeeham posted...
Deimos259 posted...
HeLeeham posted...
Deimos259 posted...
Wow if only my country had this Club Nintendo service

Yeah I feel for people outside of Europe. Its been pretty sweet so far, earlier this year I got a free copy of Mario 3D Land just for registering my 3DSXL.

I live in Europe

Oh, I thought all of Europe could use it.

Not everywhere in Europe has club Nintendo. Pretty sure Finland does not, don't think Greece has it either.

There is also a list of eligible countries for this. I'm not sure if the list is just those who have club Nintendo, or if some have it, but are still not included.

The list of countries:

UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy and Portugal.

That's like half of Europe excluded.
---
In a search of a cunning signature.
#22JordycePosted 4/22/2013 9:29:13 AM
Interestingly/annoyingly, I'm in Australia. We have our own separate Club Nintendo.

However... turns out that I can't register my 3DS copy of Monster Hunter 3 to my club as I already registered the Wii U version AND I've got a UK copy of Fire Emblem on the way... I could import Luigi too. Anybody know if I make a new Club Nintendo account for the UK, register 3 games, would the code still work on my Australian 3DS account? I was under the impression the free game code wasn't tied to the Club Nintendo account.
#23noutBrPosted 4/22/2013 9:30:55 AM
Jimdb posted...
If you have the wii version, I would pass it up, since it's the same game with a few new levels.

I would'nt get Castlevania as the free choice, since I really didn't like what I tried of it, it's good, but coming from a metroidvania it just felt underwhelming.

I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan though but I understand that it isn't a game for everyone.

So yeah, it seems Castlevania would be your best choice.

I played a bit of MHF2 on PSP and liked it a bit but I couldn't quite get used to "the claw" so I gave up on it seeing how it would really cripple me as a player. Never tried the Wii game so MH 3DS would be a good addition to my library were it not that it doesn't have online. I'm just about the only fanatic gamer left of all my past gaming buddies, I don't even know anyone who also owns a 3DS (2 of them do own a Wii U though).

I'm a well informed and experienced gamer though and I usually can tell if I'm going to like a game just from watching a few gameplay videos. Castlevania just doesn't look worthwhile, I guess I'll give the demo a try (I have had the demo on my 3DS for weeks but never played it, go figure).
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#24JimdbPosted 4/22/2013 9:33:57 AM
noutBr posted...
Jimdb posted...
If you have the wii version, I would pass it up, since it's the same game with a few new levels.

I would'nt get Castlevania as the free choice, since I really didn't like what I tried of it, it's good, but coming from a metroidvania it just felt underwhelming.

I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan though but I understand that it isn't a game for everyone.

So yeah, it seems Castlevania would be your best choice.

I played a bit of MHF2 on PSP and liked it a bit but I couldn't quite get used to "the claw" so I gave up on it seeing how it would really cripple me as a player. Never tried the Wii game so MH 3DS would be a good addition to my library were it not that it doesn't have online. I'm just about the only fanatic gamer left of all my past gaming buddies, I don't even know anyone who also owns a 3DS (2 of them do own a Wii U though).

I'm a well informed and experienced gamer though and I usually can tell if I'm going to like a game just from watching a few gameplay videos. Castlevania just doesn't look worthwhile, I guess I'll give the demo a try (I have had the demo on my 3DS for weeks but never played it, go figure).

For what it's worth, the 3DS version of MH3U has no need of "the claw" it has a camera control on the touch screen and a lock on function. Pretty neat.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#25noutBrPosted 4/22/2013 10:01:26 AM
Jimdb posted...
For what it's worth, the 3DS version of MH3U has no need of "the claw" it has a camera control on the touch screen and a lock on function. Pretty neat.

Yeah that's why I mentioned the claw being one of the reasons why I stopped playing, I don't have the circle pad pro for 3DS though and I don't think I'll like using the touch screen for camera controls. Wii U version fixes all my issues AND has online, but with all the games I'm going to buy for my 3DS in the next few months I'll have no need for a new game on my Wii U!

Who knows, maybe the Vita will get an ultimate edition or a brand new MH game, that would certainly be tempting to buy.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#26JimdbPosted 4/22/2013 10:05:02 AM
noutBr posted...
Jimdb posted...

Yeah that's why I mentioned the claw being one of the reasons why I stopped playing, I don't have the circle pad pro for 3DS though and I don't think I'll like using the touch screen for camera controls. Wii U version fixes all my issues AND has online, but with all the games I'm going to buy for my 3DS in the next few months I'll have no need for a new game on my Wii U!

Who knows, maybe the Vita will get an ultimate edition or a brand new MH game, that would certainly be tempting to buy.

I hope MH4 comes to the west.

I have both Wii U and 3DS versions of MH3U and it's really an awesome experience. I don't use the CCP on 3DS though, the lock on function is more than enough for me.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#27squatch22Posted 4/22/2013 10:06:33 AM
Nice 1 Nintendo :)
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#28nonexistingheroPosted 4/22/2013 11:05:27 AM
I don't have money to buy 3 of those games before then... aside from that, I only want 2 of them. Already have DKCR on the Wii. And outside of Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion, none of them have my interest.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#29DeathSnipe777Posted 4/22/2013 11:19:03 AM(edited)
Too bad this isn't available for the US. Our free game promotion was terrible with only 3 worthwhile games, all of them from last year.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu