YuGiOh 2013 and Puzzle Quest 3 where are they?

#1gatsbyyPosted 4/22/2013 10:04:57 AM
Any news what so ever on their status? YuGiOh for many years was the Madden of handheld games. Now we had 2011 then nothing. Puzzle Quest there were 3 games (Galactrix included) then nothing. I so want PQ3 or at least the expanded PQ1. Galactrix was lousy but had potential so would not mind Galactrix 2.
#2Darkstorm16Posted 4/22/2013 10:15:40 AM
I pretty much think Yu-Gi-Oh! games are now officially dead on systems due to legal issues, now it's some game on the PC...
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#3_Shikoba_Posted 4/22/2013 10:17:28 AM
Puzzle Quest sort of went downhill... sadly. I don't know if we will see another one.

YuGiOh I don't follow so I have no idea.
---
NNID: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains
#4queirotacobellPosted 4/22/2013 10:54:35 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
I pretty much think Yu-Gi-Oh! games are now officially dead on systems due to legal issues, now it's some game on the PC...

What legal issues?
---
Nah hidden stuffs are still in games these days...
you just have to pay for them. Capcom calls them DLC.
#5Akira1256Posted 4/22/2013 12:28:36 PM
If the 'legal issues' are the problems with 4Kids going under, and the rights of the TV series reverting to Saban, that should have little bearing on the games. (Konami is the primary license-holder, anyway.)

I think it's more likely technical issues. Maybe there's something in the mechanics for the latest generation (XYZ summons, etc.) that aren't exactly compatible with the existing game engines. Or Konami, seeing as how the 3DS was coming out, decided to switch all their efforts to the 3DS, and are taking the opportunity to write a completely new engine for the game. (The DS engine alone was in dire need of an overhaul, as far as I've seen.)

As for Puzzle Quest... I don't know. Don't they have a version of one of the installments on the eShop, though?
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#6gatsbyy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:17:27 PM
Yeah the 1st Puzzle Quest is in eshop. I have the physical copy of it for the original DS. The eshop version I believe is an exact duplicate.
#7Stefan1277Posted 4/22/2013 3:29:13 PM
Problem with Yu Gi Oh games is that nobody needs one anymore. They get outdated pretty fast, and now you can play in your browser completely up to date and against anyone in the world. They also have a software that plays exactly like the games, and again, it's free and up to date and has online multiplayer, so really, what exactly can they do to sell new games when anyone can play them for free now and online?
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#8IAznDragonI YanPosted 4/22/2013 3:39:11 PM
Problem with Yu Gi Oh games is that nobody needs one anymore. They get outdated pretty fast, and now you can play in your browser completely up to date and against anyone in the world. They also have a software that plays exactly like the games, and again, it's free and up to date and has online multiplayer, so really, what exactly can they do to sell new games when anyone can play them for free now and online?

except the people you play with can cheat, lie, etc. against you.
it's not fun to play a cheater or someone who doesn't know the rules
---
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!
#9G1ingyPosted 4/22/2013 3:57:57 PM
Stefan1277 posted...

Oh I don't know, I don't ever want to lug around a PC with me just to play Yugioh....
#10UFOLochePosted 4/22/2013 5:02:15 PM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...

except the people you play with can cheat, lie, etc. against you.
it's not fun to play a cheater or someone who doesn't know the rules

By that logic, Yugioh should've been dead a long time ago. Also, if you don't know the rulings to a card and you just let everything go by, that's your own fault. I mean, it's not like any of the decks that any tourny goer/ranked user use are obscure or anything.

And I don't know about you, but I'd rather play the card game against people from all over the world for free in a game that's constantly updated, very user-friendly(Besides a few issues, namely Power Tool Dragon and Pot of Duality), and has a large community of intelligent players than having to pay for a game which will quickly be outdated in a month or two, has no real bonuses besides a weak tag dueling system(Talking about the DS games here, the Tag Force series is actually pretty good on that front even though the AI is still brain dead) and Turbo Duels which aren't that great in the game(Not to mention they wouldn't be in 2013 anyway unless Konami stuck to 5D's, which would make NO sense).
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!