Would metroid prime of GameCube quality be possible on 3ds?

#41ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:47:37 AM
confettistorm posted...
ServantOfErieos posted...
bcornelia posted...
Co-op Metroid Prime? Wtf man?

Think about it, it will be optional. Harder enemies and a strong storyline like gears of war.

Did you just say Gears of War has a strong storyline?

-____________-

Strong Storyline was the wrong term, I meant strong coop singleplayer experience.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#42KittyPuppyPosted 4/22/2013 11:48:02 AM
This is a bad time to recommend change for Metroid. Have patience with the increasingly bitter fanbase, they have just come off a pinball spinoff, an online shooter disguised as Metroid, multiple Prime games on consoles and then Other M. Metroid has been trying new things for a while and the fanbase just wants a classic atmospheric sidescroller with exploration right now.
#43ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:48:29 AM
habsalltheway33 posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...
ITT - People not getting the concept behind the Metroid series and Samus as an entity.

ITP: not understanding progression.

You do undertand that Samus' One-Woman-Army attitude is more or less the core point of the entire Metroid frnachise, gameplay and chronology, right? She's a loner, she's always been, and co-op in Metroid Prime wouldn't make sense to begin with.
But from a technical standpoint, it would be VERY possible, and switching visors/beams could easily get transferred to the touchscreen.

I feel like I'm talking through a soundproof room.

wow

Hahahah! I told you how it is! Don't even worry about it, we'll be getting a such a game from the Metroid series very soon. It will be shown at this upcoming E3. The haters will see it and love it

Fingers crossed.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#44Kaze_MemaryuPosted 4/22/2013 11:59:22 AM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
You do undertand that Samus' One-Woman-Army attitude is more or less the core point of the entire Metroid frnachise, gameplay and chronology, right? She's a loner, she's always been, and co-op in Metroid Prime wouldn't make sense to begin with.
But from a technical standpoint, it would be VERY possible, and switching visors/beams could easily get transferred to the touchscreen.

wow

What exactly do you not get, if I may ask?

How gamers can be so ignorant and stifle developer's creativity.

The dev for this series, just said the trilogy of the games "sucked." In other words, not content with the direction/ end product of the series.

'Developer's Creativity' is quite the joker card, dude. That doesn't say anything, but could mean anything. Due to developers creativity, we got stuff like Fable: The Journey. And just because Sakamoto (the creator) didn't like it, that doesn't mean it actually is bad, just that it didn't fit his taste. And a useless random feature isn't going to make the game better anyway.

You seem to ignore the whole point of the Metroid series: the experience of being alone, and everybody/everything out there is trying to kill Samus. How do you explain a second Samus who receives the exact same expansions as the original one? How do you deliver that sense of loneliness when there's always a clone busting the atmosphere?

This game isn't Fable, it's Metroid - those are two franchises as different as banana and strawberry.
Dev's can't just do what they want, they have to keep it in line with the intention of the series. And playing together, or getting honest help has never been a part of Metroid.
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766
#45Human-BeanPosted 4/22/2013 12:06:13 PM
Servant so, you have changed. I'm glad to see that stargazer64 is contributing instead, of causing his usual disruption. A Metroid similar to the ones on the Gamecube may not play as well, this is due to the limited control inputs. The touch screen cannot be used as a second analog stick without perturbation and, the directional pad has an awkward position. These problems can cause frustration on the gamers part and, so I would prefer Nintendo to contemplate about the prospect of a 2D title. Online Co-op or multiplayer feature could be implemented; Nintendo should start using the technology available to them. It will enhance the experience of their games. The suggestion of multiple Samus existing in one world seems ideal with a slight change in skills to distinguish them. It will help create unique puzzles that requires co-operation but, the lack of a means to communicate with other players could create problems.
---
The bean represents the poop; one of the greatests substances created by men. ~stargazer64
#46ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:07:43 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...

wow

The dev for this series, just said the trilogy of the games "sucked." In other words, not content with the direction/ end product of the series.

'Developer's Creativity' is quite the joker card, dude. That doesn't say anything, but could mean anything. Due to developers creativity, we got stuff like Fable: The Journey. And just because Sakamoto (the creator) didn't like it, that doesn't mean it actually is bad, just that it didn't fit his taste. And a useless random feature isn't going to make the game better anyway.

You seem to ignore the whole point of the Metroid series: the experience of being alone, and everybody/everything out there is trying to kill Samus. How do you explain a second Samus who receives the exact same expansions as the original one? How do you deliver that sense of loneliness when there's always a clone busting the atmosphere?

This game isn't Fable, it's Metroid - those are two franchises as different as banana and strawberry.
Dev's can't just do what they want, they have to keep it in line with the intention of the series. And playing together, or getting honest help has never been a part of Metroid.

Do you understand what I mean, when I say journey style coop? If you did, you wouldn't be here arguing, you would be applauding the revolutionary ideas being presented ITT.

FYI, Journey was the unanimous GOTY for 2012.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#47DeathSoul2000Posted 4/22/2013 12:10:05 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...

wow

Do you understand what I mean, when I say journey style coop? If you did, you wouldn't be here arguing, you would be applauding the revolutionary ideas being presented ITT.

no one gives a crap. you want journey, play journey.
#48ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:16:08 PM
^Seems like you do, since you cared enough to comment.

lol
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#49Kaze_MemaryuPosted 4/22/2013 12:24:27 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...

wow

This game isn't Journey, it's Metroid - those are two franchises as different as banana and strawberry.

I'm sorry, I confused Fable with Journey. But that still wouldn't work at all. My point remains the same. If you're together with others, Metroid doesn't have that threatening feeling anymore. And Samus still doesn't work with other hunters like that. She does her own thing. How's that so hard to accept?
And no, your idea isn't revolutionary, just bad. A concept that doesn't fit. A book in an art museum.
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766
#50ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:28:08 PM
It's clear you haven't experienced journey, feel free to step down.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...