Would metroid prime of GameCube quality be possible on 3ds?

#91habsalltheway33Posted 4/22/2013 2:01:03 PM
Knux19 posted...
Seriously, would it be that difficult to detach yourself from the storyline and simply play with a friend and have two Samus'? You'd still have the Single Player mode, it would be there in all it's glory, it's just that now there'd be an optional co-op mode for those that like to play games with others. I just don't' understand this logic.

Okay. Looks like you're in favor of the idea. Now justify it with the merits of a co-op Metroid experience.

Or rather, skip the co-op and let it be the decision of the player, as I mentioned earlier....I still feel that my idea of having hunters with varying storylines would work better than co-op though. Four players could be randomly thrown on a server that consists of multiple planets. Could offer cooperative experiences or competitive experiences and all of it would be completely random due to the nature of the players. This way, if you prefer to play offline, you could still do so without hampering the game.

To me, it's all about bringing something new and exciting to the franchise
#92SoaringDivePosted 4/22/2013 2:04:31 PM
Journey only had one chapter that had any actual "exploring" (which was just walking around a barren desert picking up a few symbols and finding a flower...).
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#93MarsfordPosted 4/22/2013 2:04:50 PM
habsalltheway33 posted...
Or rather, skip the co-op and let it be the decision of the player, as I mentioned earlier....I still feel that my idea of having hunters with varying storylines would work better than co-op though. Four players could be randomly thrown on a server that consists of multiple planets. Could offer cooperative experiences or competitive experiences and all of it would be completely random due to the nature of the players. This way, if you prefer to play offline, you could still do so without hampering the game.

I actually rather like this idea. But I think it would be best if these hunters were not directly helping each other. Or at least didn't really know of each but were helping each other indirectly.

Also, GO HABS GO =D
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#94ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:09:08 PM
SoaringDive posted...
Journey only had one chapter that had any actual "exploring" (which was just walking around a barren desert picking up a few symbols and finding a flower...).

Or the chapter where your climbing those platforms after escaping those _____ .

But the exploration in the desert is more than enough to get my point across.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#95SoaringDivePosted 4/22/2013 2:14:09 PM
ServantOfErieos posted...
SoaringDive posted...

You mean linearly climbing those platforms?

Journey doesn't have connected rooms and hallways and non-linear interconnected level design.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#96habsalltheway33Posted 4/22/2013 2:22:18 PM
Marsford posted...
habsalltheway33 posted...

I actually rather like this idea. But I think it would be best if these hunters were not directly helping each other. Or at least didn't really know of each but were helping each other indirectly.

Also, GO HABS GO =D

Hahahaha made my day :D
#97ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:22:26 PM
SoaringDive posted...
SoaringDive posted...

You mean linearly climbing those platforms?

Journey doesn't have connected rooms and hallways and non-linear interconnected level design.

After activating everything, yes you can go back down and search for more secrets.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#98omegaslash14Posted 4/22/2013 2:22:48 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
"I don't think it would work ou-"

"BUT JOURNEY!"

"I mean, how exactly would-"

"BUT JOURNEY!"

"I'd much rather have-"

"BUT JOURNEY!"

Guys, this idea could revolutionise the games industry.

BUT RECYCLING IDEAS, LACKING INNOVATION AND CUTTING DOWN ON COSTS ALL FOR GREED.

Works both ways.

Try again.

Except it wouldnt revolutionize that game industry, its pretty much a standard feature on almost all shooters this gen, it could be a great addition if it doesnt take away from single player, and Other M had plenty of innovation and look how that turned out.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#99Knux19Posted 4/22/2013 2:26:22 PM
An idea of mine as expressed earlier....Co-op would be cool if it offered something fresh. You could have Samus (maybe she could have some new abilities?) and another hunter with their different abilities allowing much more complex puzzle solving. Players could write things on the wall from the touch screen in the form of a data packet and you would need a specific visor to interpret it. This way, voice chat wouldn't ruin the isolation experience and would be realistic because the other hunter will most likely have an alien language.
It could do some neat things story wise as well...perhaps this ally becomes an enemy down the road and you both split up. The other non-specified hunter could give Samus another rival and offer a different-styled character in the Metroid realm. Something Metroid currently does not have.

Okay, ideas. That's something. Problem is that trying to intertwine isolation and co-operation in that way is counter intuitive. By hindering the ability to communicate, you ruin one of the things that's makes a cooperative experience unique. Portal 2 actually went out of it's way to make sure players without microphones could communicate in some manner (by giving each player a simple marker that would label an area where the crosshairs were pointed. With so few commands available to the player, there was little room for error in interpretation). Even if it's done to be atmospheric, messing with communication is a big red flag, especially if it slows down the gameplay.

As for puzzle solving, that's possible, but also a tricky affair. In the history of Metroid, puzzles have never really been all that difficult to figure out. The chief problems at any given point are finding new areas to explore and new equipment to open up new areas. When you can't progress, it's usually pretty clear why and when you get a new piece of equipment, you might think to try it to get into areas you couldn't before.

But putting those ideas aside, I just don't think the Metroid aesthetics are the right environment for co-operative play. You could argue either of those points for other franchises too. If a group an Nintendo actually conceived of this, they'd have an uphill battle to figure out how it would fit into the gameplay and if it really added to the experience. Speaking frankly, and this is just assumption on my part, I'd be REALLY surprised if the idea ever came up following Other M. I think that idea is going to keep Samus alone for a while.
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#100ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:31:01 PM
omegaslash14 posted...
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
"I don't think it would work ou-"

"BUT JOURNEY!"

"I mean, how exactly would-"

"BUT JOURNEY!"

"I'd much rather have-"

"BUT JOURNEY!"

Guys, this idea could revolutionise the games industry.

BUT RECYCLING IDEAS, LACKING INNOVATION AND CUTTING DOWN ON COSTS ALL FOR GREED.

Works both ways.

Try again.

Except it wouldnt revolutionize that game industry, its pretty much a standard feature on almost all shooters this gen, it could be a great addition if it doesnt take away from single player, and Other M had plenty of innovation and look how that turned out.

My spelling is actually correct, it's the queens english.

Do some research before attempting spell checks.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...