Kingdom Hearts

#11Kaze_MemaryuPosted 4/22/2013 11:45:27 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
There's no challenge, no variety, no replay value - that's why it's not recommended to anybody except KH fans.

Of course it's not recommended to anyone besides KH fans. People who aren't fans, would be terribly confused.

Nah, the story is simple - but for the most part, only KH fans can overlook the flaws of the series as a whole (excluding the first, which did more things right than all other KH games together).
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766
#12OoSubaruoOPosted 4/22/2013 11:48:54 AM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
There's no challenge, no variety, no replay value - that's why it's not recommended to anybody except KH fans.

Of course it's not recommended to anyone besides KH fans. People who aren't fans, would be terribly confused.

Nah, the story is simple - but for the most part, only KH fans can overlook the flaws of the series as a whole (excluding the first, which did more things right than all other KH games together).

The story is far from simple.
#13MarsfordPosted 4/22/2013 11:50:13 AM
I recommend it all the time TC. It's a fantastic game, but the plot will have you lost if you haven't played previous iterations.

Besides that, definitely get it! It's very well done.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#14OoSubaruoOPosted 4/22/2013 11:53:01 AM
Marsford posted...
I recommend it all the time TC. It's a fantastic game, but the plot will have you lost if you haven't played previous iterations.

Besides that, definitely get it! It's very well done.

It's one of the better Kingdom Hearts on a Nintendo console, that's for sure.
#15Takfloyd_mkII__Posted 4/22/2013 11:53:04 AM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...

People overlook the flaws in the series because the battle gameplay is consistently amazing and extremely challenging.

It's your fault if you're not playing the games on the highest difficulty and instead get through them by button mashing.

People also enjoy the games because of the fanservice and great music. Put together it's all more than enough to be a solid recommendation.
#16koalabear9000Posted 4/22/2013 11:55:37 AM
KH:DDD is good game IMO. Story isn't anything special but the gameplay was fun atleast for me. Liked Flowmotion really much even though it showed how small the areas were.

Virus66 posted...
It's fun... but not really as good as 358/2 Days IMO

I never really got why some people like 358/2 Days so much. I had to force myself to play it but it felt just so boring that I couldn't even finish it.
#17OoSubaruoOPosted 4/22/2013 11:55:51 AM
Even on the Normal setting, the game is enjoyable.
#18darkus_fPosted 4/22/2013 12:09:09 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Best Kingdom Hearts on a Nintendo console imo.

This. Get it, you won't regret it.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB F5: Punk, Dolph, Cesaro, Reigns, Mark
#19tugz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:10:10 PM
Thanks everyone. Glad to clear things up. I will definitely include it in my first batch of games.
---
Today I shall act as if this is the day I will be remembered. - Dr. Seuss
#20Kaze_MemaryuPosted 4/22/2013 12:11:31 PM
Takfloyd_mkII__ posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...

People overlook the flaws in the series because the battle gameplay is consistently amazing and extremely challenging.

It's your fault if you're not playing the games on the highest difficulty and instead get through them by button mashing.

People also enjoy the games because of the fanservice and great music. Put together it's all more than enough to be a solid recommendation.

Even on the highest difficulty, I almost fell asleep. So what kind of challenge you talk about is beyond me. And I played through the entire game. The music and voicing is good, but the battles are repetitive, easy, and boring. There's no strategy to it (there used to be some in KH1 and CoM, remember?).
By 'the story is simple', I mean that it doesn't have much impact on the KH chronology (if any).
And if you call not being able to fight alongside (or even with) guest characters (like Neku) fanservice, then yes, it does have some.
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766