What made you get into handheld gaming?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What made you get into handheld gaming?
3 years ago#31
Definitely Pokemon Yellow and Links Awakening on GBC.
3 years ago#32
I had my gameboy and really enjoyed links awakening and super mario land 2, but I'm convinced pokemon saved handheld gaming and made it flourish.
3 years ago#33
SandOnMyBoot posted...
I was really into those Tiger Electronics handheld games when I was very young. I remember having a Dinosaur/Caveman one, a Power Rangers one, and a Beauty and the Beast one.

I even had a Tiger R-Zone system before I finally got my hands on a Sega Game Gear.

Haha. This. I had a Power Rangers and a Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers one. I got my first Gameboy though when Nintendo started introducing different colored brick-gameboys. I got a transparent one for x-mas with a copy of Donkey Kong Land.
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), WWE '13 (360), Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
3 years ago#34
Link's Awakening.

A Handheld Zelda game? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!? I must have it!
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
3 years ago#35
dmaster342 posted...
First handheld system was the Game Boy Color+Pokemon Crystal Bundle, so yeah. Pokemon by far.

Ditto (lol) but with a Game Boy Advance instead.
3DS FC: 2191-7845-2935
3 years ago#36
Game Gear
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
3 years ago#37
When I got a GameBoy Color for my birthday together with Pokemon Blue when the game was released.
The Official SeeD Member of whatever FF Board
As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain. ~ Squall
3 years ago#38
pokemon = 99% of the responses here. not really much of a point then lol
I failed to find enlightenment in battle. I must go on a spiritual journey to cleanse my soul. And then something with gerbils. It is the path one must take.
3 years ago#39
smifypz posted...

3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB F5: Punk, Dolph, Cesaro, Reigns, Mark
3 years ago#40
I own both consoles and handhelds.

I play handhelds more because they're portable, and I don't like to have to stick to being in my room all day
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 2.2.1
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What made you get into handheld gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived