I don't get the online functions

#11TinyTim123Posted 4/22/2013 3:09:02 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
An actual 3DS user who plays online a lot. Do I have to contact them via whatever site I found them on?

Call them on the phone.
Or message them via swapnote and PLAN a time when you can both play that game. Or message them or whatever.

I like the phone. "Yo, you wanna play Resident Evil with me? Cool. Meet you in two."
See? Easy peasy!
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#12DeathSoul2000Posted 4/22/2013 3:12:59 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
An actual 3DS user who plays online a lot. Do I have to contact them via whatever site I found them on?

Call them on the phone.
Or message them via swapnote and PLAN a time when you can both play that game. Or message them or whatever.

I like the phone. "Yo, you wanna play Resident Evil with me? Cool. Meet you in two."
See? Easy peasy!

get out. if you want to keep living in the nineties, thats fine, but don't try to impose your archaic way of thinking on everyone just because nintendo refuses to catch up.
#13GiftedACIII(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:28:07 PM(edited)
TinyTim123 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Call them on the phone.

See? Easy peasy!

Met them online and I doubt they'd give me their phone numbers seeing as most people who are playing games like Luigi's Mansion or Mario Kart from youtube are children or teenagers. That swapnote thing is useless then as we could've just done that with the site we met each other then. The whole point of messaging is on-the-spot.

Besides, some people don't know when they're able to be on. They're just on when they're on.
#14TinyTim123Posted 4/22/2013 3:32:16 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Call them on the phone.

See? Easy peasy!

get out. if you want to keep living in the nineties, thats fine, but don't try to impose your archaic way of thinking on everyone just because nintendo refuses to catch up.

Wow, he asked for suggestions for ways to send a message to someone. I did that. How is that 90s? More people than ever have phones now. Should I have suggested texting instead? Jeez, my bad. I also suggested a method using only the Nintendo hardware and software. Maybe you should GTFO.
---
#15Mariofan15Posted 4/22/2013 3:33:49 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Call them on the phone.

See? Easy peasy!

Take your own advice. Your not even remotely helping. Hypocrite. If you go into your friend list,you can join his game. Or at least I think that's how it works.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4685-8577-8710
#16DeathSoul2000Posted 4/22/2013 3:34:31 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Call them on the phone.

See? Easy peasy!

Wow, he asked for suggestions for ways to send a message to someone. I did that. How is that 90s? More people than ever have phones now. Should I have suggested texting instead? Jeez, my bad. I also suggested a method using only the Nintendo hardware and software. Maybe you should GTFO.

no, you can still get out. we want messaging ON THE 3DS, not in general. god you're dense.
#17GiftedACIII(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:37:01 PM(edited)
TinyTim123 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Call them on the phone.

See? Easy peasy!

As I said, a lot of people, especially Nintendo players aren't willing to exchange phone numbers with random internet users so that's not really an option. And the Nintendo method isn't on the spot like the main point of messaging is.

If you go into your friend list,you can join his game.

Not if he's playing single player or already started a game like in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. And he won't know that you're online either because it gives no notification. So basically you have to wait until he's done for who knows how long until he goes to look at his friends list and by then he's probably already done for the day.
#18DeathSoul2000Posted 4/22/2013 3:35:36 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Call them on the phone.

See? Easy peasy!

Take your own advice. Your not even remotely helping. Hypocrite. If you go into your friend list,you can join his game. Or at least I think that's how it works.

as if you are? you can piss off and all.
#19TinyTim123Posted 4/22/2013 3:36:28 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
no, you can still get out. we want messaging ON THE 3DS, not in general. god you're dense.

Not dense at all. Instead operating under the very real assumption that there is no practical instant messaging system on the 3DS as of now, and just sayin' how I plan things to play with others on my 3DS.
I understand that on the fly playing is difficult to plan, but at least I was attempting to be helpful.
Where were your suggestions?
---