First time bringing my 3DS to a giant public event..

#21Devil_wings00Posted 4/22/2013 7:38:51 PM
PsychoWolfX posted...
Ugh I wish I lived in a place that held events like that.

Up here in rural Canada the biggest event we have is some stupid motorcycle rally. And I don't think many of those hairy, beer bellied, middle aged men carry 3DS'es around in their saddlebags.

Are you close to Winnipeg or any other city centre? I know in Winnipeg we have 2-3 semi-big anime/comic conventions every year at the convention centre. So if you live close to a big city (well at big as cities get outside of Toronto/Vancouver area) you'd be surprised at how many conventions with decent guests (Adam west and Leonerd nemoy were at one last year in winnipeg I think) come to Canadian cities.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#22AIvinn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:32:20 PM
Quote:They moved Wondercon to Anaheim (or another So Cal city).

There's AOD in Japantown but that was in Feb.

Also Fanime sucks.

@RogueStriker
I don't remember where it was last year. I think it was Arcadia or something. idk :(
What's AOD?

Quote:From: MrDrippy | Posted: 4/22/2013 7:29:15 PM | #016
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
facebook has streetpass groups you can Like. they provide info on meetups. as for conventions, look them up. "conventions in the state of xxxxx"

awesome thanks!

err, if you do have facebook, just type in "streetpass YOUR STATE/CITY NAME HERE". something will pop up

@IAznDragonI Yan
I tried to find people for streetpass sf a few months ago but it was kinda dead.

but thanks to that JapanTown trip, I met a couple people who go to my community college that hangout around noob every day. I'm usually only on campus from 7-10 AM, but today I stayed there from 12:30-2:30 and managed to get 8 passes.
Maybe I'll finally finish my puzzles.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 2.2.1
#23IAznDragonI YanPosted 4/22/2013 11:34:56 PM
I tried to find people for streetpass sf a few months ago but it was kinda dead.

san francisco? there's no streetpass group for that city. check out san diego.
---
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!
#24d0wnerPosted 4/22/2013 11:50:46 PM
I was at GDC in San Francisco briefly -- I just walked through it -- and got ~25 StreetPasses, including a bunch from the East Coast and Japan. I really need to find more such events. Too bad I missed the Cherry Blossom Festival.
---
shoot the core.
#25double_O7Posted 4/23/2013 8:52:20 AM
PsychoWolfX posted...
Ugh I wish I lived in a place that held events like that.

Up here in rural Canada the biggest event we have is some stupid motorcycle rally. And I don't think many of those hairy, beer bellied, middle aged men carry 3DS'es around in their saddlebags.

You'd be surprised how many hairy, beer-bellied, middle aged men actually do carry around 3DS's.
---
Only Toonami, Saturday nights on [adult swim]
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html