Going digital sucks.

#1redmangoosePosted 4/22/2013 9:41:08 PM
I noticed recent 3DS games have been selling out super quick.
Like Dark Moon and Fire Emblem Awakening, I can't even find a new copy to buy online.
It wouldn't be so much of a problem if my games were tied to my Nintendo account but the fact that if I lose my system or it breaks means losing all my games kind've discourages me from going digital, despite how convenient it may be.
#2UFOLochePosted 4/22/2013 9:46:46 PM
redmangoose posted...
Like Dark Moon and Fire Emblem Awakening, I can't even find a new copy to buy online.
It wouldn't be so much of a problem if my games were tied to my Nintendo account but the fact that if I lose my system or it breaks means losing all my games kind've discourages me from going digital, despite how convenient it may be.

If it breaks you can send it in and if you lose it, you can generally contact Nintendo and they might let you do a transfer.

As for me, I'll just buy the games used if they're trying to force me to buy digital.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#3redmangoose(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:51:15 PM
I think it's mostly first party games? Or am I wrong?
I want to support Nintendo but if this is how they want to play then I'll be buying used games for quite a while.
#4Bancario51Posted 4/22/2013 10:05:06 PM
On the bright side it saves you from all that clutter and inconvenience such as games collecting dust and becoming a hoarder.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#5emjay86Posted 4/22/2013 10:07:29 PM
Both Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem are available on Amazon. Just letting you know. I just checked out of curiosity.
#6mabber_IIIPosted 4/22/2013 10:24:28 PM
no, going digital is awesome

no stock problems with infinite copies, and instant access to your entire collection
#7chestershadowPosted 4/22/2013 10:29:20 PM
UFOLoche posted...
redmangoose posted...

If it breaks you can send it in and if you lose it, you can generally contact Nintendo and they might let you do a transfer.

As for me, I'll just buy the games used if they're trying to force me to buy digital.

How can you buy used if the issue TC is talking about is you can't even find it new anywhere.... This one totally went right over your head.
#8redmangoose(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:53:11 PM
I prefer to buy it sealed. I want to know my money is going towards something good.
But if buying used means getting it complete, I don't mind. Cheaper too, which a plus seeing as though I'm not likely to see those games go on sale for a whole lot.

Oh and both Dark Moon and Awakening are listed as 39.99 on Amazon with prime shipping, yes.
But it's not actually restocking until 3 weeks or so from now.
#9jovewolfPosted 4/22/2013 10:57:00 PM
redmangoose posted...
I prefer to buy it sealed. I want to know my money is going towards something good.
But if buying used means getting it complete, I don't mind. Cheaper too, which a plus seeing as though I'm not likely to see those games go on sale for a whole lot.

If it's that important to you, then why not pre-order from somewhere? You'll get your physical copy and ensure that the developer gets the maximum profit they can get for a physical sale?
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#10temgunPosted 4/22/2013 11:18:49 PM
Are people not aware that Amazon exists?

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-nintendo-3ds/dp/B00AKIPBNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366701455&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+emblem

Plenty of sellers or if you want to go for amazon, just order now and it will eventually ship.
---
In a search of a cunning signature.