Why on earth hasn't Square Enix made a TWEWY sequel yet?

#1SpinoRaptor24Posted 4/23/2013 12:48:03 AM
Sincere question. They have enough time and resources to make 50 Final Fantasies, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quests but they won't put any of it into making something the fans have been asking for for the past 5 years?

Is there at least a legitimate reason like poor sales of the original or something?
---
We're all atheists until the airplane starts falling.
#2toad133Posted 4/23/2013 12:51:16 AM
It sold okay but not really enough to warrant a sequel (around 600k I think to date?)

You can tell their cameos in KH3D were attempts to introduce them to new players/fans.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#3Shadowblade2Posted 4/23/2013 12:52:01 AM
Nomura seems to be finishing up VersusXIII (finally). Till that's done, you won't see another TWEWY or KH.
---
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
#4OoSubaruoOPosted 4/23/2013 12:57:24 AM
Shadowblade2 posted...
Nomura seems to be finishing up VersusXIII (finally). Till that's done, you won't see another TWEWY or KH.

You mean, we might actually see Kingdom Hearts 3? Pssh, yeah right.
#5UFOLochePosted 4/23/2013 12:59:35 AM
toad133 posted...
It sold okay but not really enough to warrant a sequel (around 600k I think to date?)

You can tell their cameos in KH3D were attempts to introduce them to new players/fans.

Except that there was a teaser pic in the remake/port on the IOS which basically teased a brand now TWEWY game. Even then, it sold pretty well for a game that(At least to my knowledge) didn't really have any advertising, that and along with Kingdom Hearts DDD, for them to not make a sequel on the 3DS would be preeeetty stupid.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#6Bancario51Posted 4/23/2013 1:00:12 AM
because they can't.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 4/23/2013 1:03:32 AM
Bancario51 posted...
because they can't.

They obviously can, most likely too busy working on Versus.
#8IAznDragonI YanPosted 4/23/2013 1:05:16 AM
because they can't.

why can't?
---
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!
#9UFOLochePosted 4/23/2013 1:05:31 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Bancario51 posted...
because they can't.

Yea, good point. And to answer your previous post, Nomura said there'll be one more KH game before Kingdom Hearts 3.

Honestly, I don't really mind the KH games besides 358/2 Days and Re:Coded(And even then they're fun games). I understand the trouble with waiting so long, though, and I agree, I wish they'd hurry up...at least they're moving forward, huh?
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#10OoSubaruoOPosted 4/23/2013 1:25:13 AM
UFOLoche posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Bancario51 posted...
because they can't.

Yea, good point. And to answer your previous post, Nomura said there'll be one more KH game before Kingdom Hearts 3.

Honestly, I don't really mind the KH games besides 358/2 Days and Re:Coded(And even then they're fun games). I understand the trouble with waiting so long, though, and I agree, I wish they'd hurry up...at least they're moving forward, huh?

One more KH before 3? Bleh.