Ordering 3DS XL tomorrow what games to get?

#1Sami1000Posted 4/23/2013 7:45:00 AM
I'm going to order two games with the system and one of them is going to be Ocarina of time. I'm little unsure about that game because i haven't ever played any Zelda games but i still trust reviews because the game got so much praise.

I don't want Kingdom hearts because i haven't played any KH game in years and i'm lost in the story. I'm not fan of Mario either.

I live in EU so don't suggest games which aren't here yet.
#2fon1988Posted 4/23/2013 7:46:50 AM
Kid Icarus is your best choice if you don't want anything Mario related.

It's awesome.
#3SlimeStackPosted 4/23/2013 7:47:04 AM
As you're in the EU now would be a good time to take advantage of this:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-3DS-So-Many-Games-Promotion/Overview/Overview-750393.html

Buy any 3 of those games and you get a 4th one to download for free. Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion 2 seem to be at or near the top of everyone's list.
---
Moo
#4DogscratchPosted 4/23/2013 7:50:20 AM(edited)
Sami1000 posted...
I'm going to order two games with the system and one of them is going to be Ocarina of time. I'm little unsure about that game because i haven't ever played any Zelda games but i still trust reviews because the game got so much praise.

I don't want Kingdom hearts because i haven't played any KH game in years and i'm lost in the story. I'm not fan of Mario either.

I live in EU so don't suggest games which aren't here yet.

I prefer action/RPG type dealies and don't care for Mario stuff generally.. Luigi's Mansion was fun despite this dislike for the mario games in general :)

Few options now:
-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has consumed ~200 hours of my life in the last month and a half, new to the series, definitely action and not pure RPG, but a wicked fun title.
-Fire Emblem Awakening: Clocked ~100 hours on that, again first experience to the series and found it to be amazing
-Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: Havn't played as much as I should, but been fun thus far
-Etrian Odyssey IV: Dungeon Crawler RPG, sunk some time in, Monster Hunter however hijacked my life and havn't gotten through it

In the near future:
-Rune Factory IV
-Pokemon X/Y
-Shin Megami Tensei IV
-Bravely Default (2013 for EU!)
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#5Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 8:02:46 AM
Maybe i'll get Ocarina of time and order few DS games from amazon.uk. Does Dragon ques 9 look bad on 3DS/XL? Is the screen too small when you play 1:1 resolution?
#6Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 9:04:49 AM
Bamb
#7SlimeStackPosted 4/23/2013 9:06:26 AM
On an XL DS games look about the same size as a regular DS with black borders when played in 1:1.
---
Moo
#8Weiki WeikiPosted 4/23/2013 2:48:36 PM
Does that promotion work if i didn't get the games this month? I got my 3ds like 3 months ago, but i did get MH3U and Fire Emblem, i'd be willing to get one more game for a free game.
---
Analyze it... With science!
#9Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:24:47 PM
Weiki Weiki posted...
Does that promotion work if i didn't get the games this month? I got my 3ds like 3 months ago, but i did get MH3U and Fire Emblem, i'd be willing to get one more game for a free game.

Going to bumb this so you can get your answer.
#10AE_Posted 4/23/2013 3:31:00 PM
yup, i'm pretty sure it counts retroactivelly.