Anyone else think Square Enix might ditch the 3DS for the PS4?

#1Rurouni720Posted 4/23/2013 12:07:06 PM
When it comes to FF & numbered KH titles, they're mostly stuck to staying as PS exclusives. Plus with how tight they are with Sony, i wouldn't be surprised if they decided to leave money on the table (3DS) for the PS4's demographic instead. We'll probably never see a mainline FF (as long as it stays away from Hack-tomu Toriyama) or another KH title like 1/2 & 3D on the 3DS despite eastern third party support doing quite well on it, hell even reportedly better than the DS.

*sigh*
#2NeonYoshi11Posted 4/23/2013 12:11:46 PM
Why can't it do both ?

Why do people always limit thing to one or the other.

Is it that difficult to comprehend more than two things ?
#3PsychoWolfXPosted 4/23/2013 12:12:06 PM
The way Squeenix has been going thse past few years, I don't see how this would be a bad thing.

I doubt they'd completely abandon the 3DS anyway.
#4Sirian_HawkPosted 4/23/2013 1:07:07 PM(edited)
They're not exactly "tight with Sony" anymore. All of the recent FFs have been multiplats. Even VSXIII is rumored to be multiplat now as well (if that ever even makes it to one console...).

The only reason XIII and on didn't end up Nintendo as well is because the Wii couldn't do that. But with the Wii-U that "shouldn't" be a problem anymore and it is more likely that any future FF games will be all three consoles. And as far as handhelds go, there is no reason to jump ship from 3DS which is now doing VERY well to strictly the Vita which is not. That's how I see it anyway.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#5ReasonisTreasonPosted 4/23/2013 1:07:30 PM
DS got more support than PS3, so no.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnfi61OXSX1qfhljfo1_500.jpg
#6arvilinoPosted 4/23/2013 1:15:29 PM(edited)
I sort of doubt they're going to restrict all of their games to a single console(well at least now since it's not a PS1>other systems combined sort of situation numbers wise anymore).
#7pikachupwnagePosted 4/23/2013 1:19:16 PM
Basically 3DS will get spinoffs, Dragon quest, Ports and New IPs.

PS4 will be the final fantasy and massive budget games machine and New IPs.

And IPhone will be the soulless low quality cash grabs that are morally abhorrent.
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#8MagiusNecrosPosted 4/23/2013 1:19:51 PM
They'll have that BDFF sequel and that's about it.

I think Square is dying.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#9PhaseSlaethePosted 4/23/2013 1:22:55 PM
PsychoWolfX posted...
The way Squeenix has been going thse past few years, I don't see how this would be a bad thing.

I doubt they'd completely abandon the 3DS anyway.

I know right?

We wouldn't be losing much value.
#10moogle69Posted 4/23/2013 2:30:54 PM
who cares? i just want them to make more remakes and sequels to their well recieved games on the DS.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD